Laggy menus but smooth video
Hi!

As stated my KODI menu is VERY laggy and slow. When I eventually navigate to a video I want to watch, the problem goes away and the video runs smooth. The cursor is also smooth when I move it over the video playing. Once I go start navigating the menus again, the video goes laggy along with the cursor and menu while the audio remains smooth. Although I can watch videos without lag, the laggy menus are very annoying. How can I fix this? I have had it run smooth for a while and the going laggy on me. Have tried to delete the app, log files and the Kodi folder, reinstalling, but with no luck.

OSX Version: 10.11.4 Beta (15E39d)
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
1,3 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Installed via .dmg file from the KODI website
KODI version 16.0 "Jarvis" (downloaded today 2/23)

KODI LOG FILE
You need to delete your kodi folder. This will give you a clean install of the app. The folder is located at-
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/
The user library is hidden. You can access it by pulling down the "Go" menu in finder and select "Go to folder". Just copy and paste the location into the popup text box. Select the folder named Kodi and delete it. This will get rid of any buggy unsupported addons you may have installed from the Internet. When you launch the app again, the folder will be re-created with default settings.

Edit: If the problem persists please post a link to a debug log (wiki).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2016-02-23, 18:49)Dahlsv1 Wrote: Hi!

As stated my KODI menu is VERY laggy and slow. When I eventually navigate to a video I want to watch, the problem goes away and the video runs smooth. The cursor is also smooth when I move it over the video playing. Once I go start navigating the menus again, the video goes laggy along with the cursor and menu while the audio remains smooth. Although I can watch videos without lag, the laggy menus are very annoying. How can I fix this? I have had it run smooth for a while and the going laggy on me. Have tried to delete the app, log files and the Kodi folder, reinstalling, but with no luck.

OSX Version: 10.11.4 Beta (15E39d)
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
1,3 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Installed via .dmg file from the KODI website
KODI version 16.0 "Jarvis" (downloaded today 2/23)

KODI LOG FILE

That is not a debug log.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laggy menus but smooth video0