Hifiberry patch
Hello,
@gurabli : I used Hifiberry Digi+ since 3 months on Openelec 6.x without problem.

Unfortunately, since 1 week, there is a random noise sound during the film. I don't find the source of this problem, but i find an other user who has the same issue.

I can't advise you this solution Undecided

You can find more information here from other user :
https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/c.../201495522
Exactly which version of OE do you use? Did you try to downgrade to see where did something whent wrong? Once you have the latest version where everything is working, just report the problem with proper logs.
(2016-03-22, 11:22)Vimes Wrote: The HDMI audio extractor.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Y0...ge_o00_s00

It passes through 3D and no audio or visual distortion noted.

Hello,

Could you tell if it is possible to play sound via the L/R channels while keeping unaltered video and audio on the HDMI side.
The reason is that I would like to avoid having to switch from HMDI pass to L/R.
(2016-04-06, 08:01)Laurentwb Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 11:22)Vimes Wrote: The HDMI audio extractor.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Y0...ge_o00_s00

It passes through 3D and no audio or visual distortion noted.

Hello,

Could you tell if it is possible to play sound via the L/R channels while keeping unaltered video and audio on the HDMI side.
The reason is that I would like to avoid having to switch from HMDI pass to L/R.

I do not know for sure as I do not have the connectors to use it that way. I used it for SPDIF out and it would carry that fine to my Speakers and yet it would maintain the sound through the HDMI cables well, if needed.

So even though it is described as "extracting" the sound it did not remove it from the HDMI connection.
Thank you.
If it is as such for SPDIF out, I would assume iti is the same for the L/R.

Good evening.
I would only agree with that, but not being able to check it out for you I just need to let you know what I do know for certain Smile

It is a nice piece of kit for what it does for my needs.
(2016-04-06, 23:03)Vimes Wrote: I would only agree with that, but not being able to check it out for you I just need to let you know what I do know for certain Smile

I understand this very well.
Thank you.
(2016-04-05, 17:28)baltho60 Wrote: Hello,
@gurabli : I used Hifiberry Digi+ since 3 months on Openelec 6.x without problem.

Unfortunately, since 1 week, there is a random noise sound during the film. I don't find the source of this problem, but i find an other user who has the same issue.

@baltho60 Did you manage to resolve this issue? Which version of OE are you using? If the issue is still there, you should post some logs, then we can expect to be fixed.
(2016-04-06, 23:03)Vimes Wrote: I would only agree with that, but not being able to check it out for you I just need to let you know what I do know for certain Smile

I realize I missed one important question :
Is CEC still working through the hdmi pass-through? It is important because it allows full control of the raspberry with the remote of my Sony TV.

Thanks.
(2016-04-08, 02:38)Laurentwb Wrote:

I realize I missed one important question :
Is CEC still working through the hdmi pass-through? It is important because it allows full control of the raspberry with the remote of my Sony TV.

Thanks.

IIRC when I used it with my Pi my TV's remote worked fine with it, but I use a MCE type remote for full control and so I rarely bothered with the Tv remote as the Pi would switch the TV on.

The only consideration that I had to give with that box was to ensure that it was powered on before the Pi, if I didn't then the Pi could not detect my TV's HDMI connection (TV on standby) and thus no picture.

For me both the Pi, and when I used it the HDMI extractor, were connected via a remote controlled power switch to ensure that they were both fully powered off when not needed.

I am using a USB audio stick with SPDIF for the Pi now.
(2016-04-05, 17:28)baltho60 Wrote: Hello,

I got this same problem hifiberry is working fine in gui after I play a movie is gets into this stuttering white noise at random. Stop and replay works but after a few minutes it starts again. In kodi 15 it was working like a charm.
Hello every body !

Thank you for your advises Smile

I finally found in the debug code the error (I put the entire log file here) :
18:15:09 1822.756348 T:1449129024 DEBUG: CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity - CDVDPlayerAudio::HandleSyncError2 - was:138576625.702000, should be:138586706.523914, error:10080.821914

It's exactly in the same time that the stuttering white noise. My Logitech Z906 DTS/AC3 Led just goes down in the same time.

I found another topic on this problem : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=2017398

I'm running on OE 6.0.3, with RPi2 and Hifiberry Digi+. I tried a lot of change : disable omxplayer, disable mmal, change the resampling quality, etc.)
I also tried the topic's solution with PLL resync, but the image becomes unwatchable, there is always black screen when frequency/rate changing.

Do you think I should try another version ? Because some users tell that when reinstalling their mediacenter, there is no problem for about 1 month.

@ragman82 : you're on kodi15 alone or openelec distribution ? Which version/build ?

Thank you everybody (and sorry if you have difficulties to understand me!)
(2016-04-09, 18:41)baltho60 Wrote: Hello every body !

Thank you for your advises Smile

I finally found in the debug code the error (I put the entire log file here) :
18:15:09 1822.756348 T:1449129024 DEBUG: CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity - CDVDPlayerAudio::HandleSyncError2 - was:138576625.702000, should be:138586706.523914, error:10080.821914

It's exactly in the same time that the stuttering white noise. My Logitech Z906 DTS/AC3 Led just goes down in the same time.

I found another topic on this problem : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=2017398

I'm running on OE 6.0.3, with RPi2 and Hifiberry Digi+. I tried a lot of change : disable omxplayer, disable mmal, change the resampling quality, etc.)
I also tried the topic's solution with PLL resync, but the image becomes unwatchable, there is always black screen when frequency/rate changing.

Do you think I should try another version ? Because some users tell that when reinstalling their mediacenter, there is no problem for about 1 month.

@ragman82 : you're on kodi15 alone or openelec distribution ? Which version/build ?

Thank you everybody (and sorry if you have difficulties to understand me!)

I got Xbian installed on a rpi3 with hifiberry digi+

Been trying to get it to work stabily but with no luck. back when xbian had the kodi 15 package it work great.
I installed xbian for rpi3 with kernell 4.4.1.

The problem started when the package got updated from kodi15 to 16. Its prolly some setting somewhere that causes it. Other Xbian users dont have this problem.

I tried changing the advancedsetting.xml cache settings. and the usual settings within kodi with no luck.

I'll have a look at the PPL thingy if that works.

Hope we can find an solution.
Did anybody report this on OE forums for v7 beta, and here as well, I'm quite sure @Milhouse and/or @popcornmix could address this issue, as it looks something got broken after v15. But I can't do nothing since I still don't have the Digi+.

EDIT: OK, since I need SPDIF out, I ordered today the Digi+ Should arrive by end of the week, hopefully. Then I will see and test how does it perform.
I hope it will work nice and fine, if not, I will provide the necessary logs for O/L-Elec.

EDIT 2: the Digi+ just arrived, I will try to find some time and test it tonight. If not tonight, at the weekend the latest. Since it will go to the Pi2 that is used as a main player in living room, I must use the stable version of OE, and switch to testing only when wife is not around...
I installed Digi+ board, enabled in config, and it rocks, so far so good. It is working very nice, I hope it will be like this. We are already watching a 3D with 5.1 DTS, and it is really good.

Sent with Tapatalk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hifiberry patch0