Isengard: guides?
Apparently there are add-ons that are banned. I am new to configuring standalone Kodi. On my laptop.not through any box or non pc type appliance.
I'm trying to resolve an issue with making a program guide work. Any guide. I don't know the difference between legit and something other than that. Is there a "legit" guide for live TV that can be discussed here? Is this entire subject...live TV... taboo here? Please enlighten me, don't just ban my thread.
you should start from this page mate Smile

Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons

EPG XMLTV File format
The problems arise from the fact that the program guides (EPG) you listed are tied to piracy (wiki) links and sources.
Because of this connection, members of this site will find themselves reluctant to provide any support for them.
I am sorry.
Wow. I had no idea. So, is there anything that IS legit as far as a "guide"?
In truth, I gave up on those EPGs a while back and learned to use IPTV Simple Client.
Maybe you can check that thread out, it might be a bit overwhelming at first, but rewarding in the end.
Hey, if that is a legit add on. ..I'll take a look. I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, only trying to understand what was occurring on these android tv boxes that seem to be so prevalent . I'm looking for anything that is an alternative to Apple TV. ...just not a fan of that whole machine. I had a western digital play tv, liked the concept,but it can't be updated.

My motivation was/is simply to educate myself.....
(2016-02-29, 04:29)minimustangs Wrote: My motivation was/is simply to educate myself.....

Good motivation. Keep it up.
Cheers.
See PseudoTV Live
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Will do....
Where is a good (safe, legit) place to get this? When installed I get one of two errors.... "dependencies not met" or something about incorrect structure...
(2016-02-29, 16:47)minimustangs Wrote: Where is a good (safe, legit) place to get this? When installed I get one of two errors.... "dependencies not met" or something about incorrect structure...

This thread will explain it .

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=244889
OK. Yes I read this. I installed from zip. That seemed to work... apparently the ptvl is installed but I can't find it anywhere,...
I'm still getting dependencies not met....if there was somewhere that would show me WHAT dependencies aren't met, I could attempt to find them, install them, and fix it myself.....
See the Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am assuming you are using Windows.
Maybe the kodi.log might tell you something.
Start - Run %appdata%/kodi/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isengard: guides?0