v16 Samba problem error 1219
(2016-03-03, 23:49)BatterPudding Wrote: Are you aware of the "Credential Manager" in windows? Click START and use the search to find "Credential". Or go to Control Panel \ User Accounts \ Manage Your Credentials (in the left hand margin)

This tool tells you what *windows* thinks you are connecting to other computers as. Check you are really are connecting as the account you thought you were.

tbh, I'm not sure what I'm looking for, it says Windows Vault by the icon in what I think is the credential manager (non english windows)

It looks like this https://i.imgur.com/RJ87Hwl.png and from what I can see there's none. (And the mapping is in place)
For reference....

Win 10 PC runs KODI. PC is called ECHOES. User logged in on that PC is called BatterPudding.

Some media on Win7 PC called ATOM-HEART

Other media on Win7 PC called UMMAGUMMA

Test on Win 7 PC called NICE-PAIR

Notice I have a specific user setup on the media PCs for me to let KODI login. It is a read only access to the media. Desktop username on my Win10 KODI PC is different.

Code:
<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://NICE-PAIR/</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://kodiuser:kodi@NICE-PAIR/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://kodi:kodipass@ATOM-HEART/!MUSIC/!BatterPudding&apos;s MP3/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!MUSIC</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://kodi:kodipass@ATOM-HEART/!MUSIC/!MP3/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!TV</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://kodi:kodipass@ATOM-HEART/!TV/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>!ToWatchNext</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!Video/!ToWatchNext/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>!TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!TV/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>FILM</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!Film/FILM/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>!Cartoon</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!Cartoon/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Local</name>
            <path pathversion="1">C:\Users\BatterPudding\Videos\</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>!Ripped CDs</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!MUSIC/!Ripped CDs/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>!Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!MUSIC/!Music/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>!BatterPudding&apos;s FLAC</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!Music/!BatterPudding&apos;s FLAC/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>!BatterPudding&apos;s MP3</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!MUSIC/!BatterPudding&apos;s MP3/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>!MP3-MISC</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/!MUSIC/+MISC/!MP3/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <files>
        <source>
            <name>UMMAGUMMA</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://UMMAGUMMA/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>ATOM-HEART</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://ATOM-HEART/</path>
        </source>
    </files>
</sources>
(2016-03-04, 00:05)creepwood Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 23:49)BatterPudding Wrote: Are you aware of the "Credential Manager" in windows? Click START and use the search to find "Credential". Or go to Control Panel \ User Accounts \ Manage Your Credentials (in the left hand margin)

This tool tells you what *windows* thinks you are connecting to other computers as. Check you are really are connecting as the account you thought you were.

tbh, I'm not sure what I'm looking for, it says Windows Vault by the icon in what I think is the credential manager (non english windows)

It looks like this https://i.imgur.com/RJ87Hwl.png and from what I can see there's none. (And the mapping is in place)
That is a little odd. Looking at that screen shot I would have expected to see the computers listed in that first block. Lets just ignore that and return to KODI....

Quick tangent. If not having the mapped Z: on the PC lets everything work, what is that *other* program causing the grief that needs a mapped drive letter? Have you trying giving that a normal UNC share? UNC has been around a while now so that application should accept a normal UNC path.
I can see how that's useful. but I have everything centralised on one single file server and just several clients which everything connects to the same share with two or three different usernames, all contained in ext4 filesystem priviliges and the samba users.

I don't think I'll get to the bottom of the problem. with kodi on windows accepts series but not films. It could actually be a bug in kodi where it doesn't handle them the same.

I'm grateful for your time put into the problem. but it's really not big of a problem for some kind of a workaround. Thank you
(2016-03-04, 00:22)creepwood Wrote: I don't think I'll get to the bottom of the problem. with kodi on windows accepts series but not films. It could actually be a bug in kodi where it doesn't handle them the same.

Thats 100% not the case i have over 175 shows listed along with movies and no problem.
Maybe delete all sources then add them back in again?

In one of your earlier posts you picked up on how the passwords.xml file was looking at a sub folder and not the actual share. Look at my example above and it is also the same. So that isn't too weird.

Certainly a puzzle... but my brain has also frazzelled after a long day.

Next time I add some more videos to my system I'll add a mapped drive in first. See if I then get a similar type of break.
I also have mapped drives from my evil PC and it works so hmmm puzzler but im in sleep zone almost.
(2016-03-04, 00:32)BatterPudding Wrote: Maybe delete all sources then add them back in again?

In one of your earlier posts you picked up on how the passwords.xml file was looking at a sub folder and not the actual share. Look at my example above and it is also the same. So that isn't too weird.

Certainly a puzzle... but my brain has also frazzelled after a long day.

Next time I add some more videos to my system I'll add a mapped drive in first. See if I then get a similar type of break.

It was a clean kodi install so nothing old.
(2016-03-04, 00:28)Derek Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 00:22)creepwood Wrote: I don't think I'll get to the bottom of the problem. with kodi on windows accepts series but not films. It could actually be a bug in kodi where it doesn't handle them the same.

Thats 100% not the case i have over 175 shows listed along with movies and no problem.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm saying it doesn't work in my specific case where we don't know all the variables.

I don't think it is "series" or "films" as such. IMHO - it is going to be something about how he originally added an SMB shared for smb://10.101.242.21/media/hdfilm/ and then later added the share smb://10.101.242.21/media/ while something then goes bonkers when Z: mapped to //10.101.242.21/media/ also exists.

The fact that delete the mapped drive "fixes" KODI is a really bizarre part of this puzzle
yep agree buddy, give your brain a rest stress is a killer! Smile
(2016-03-04, 00:36)BatterPudding Wrote:

I don't think it is "series" or "films" as such. IMHO - it is going to be something about how he originally added an SMB shared for smb://10.101.242.21/media/hdfilm/ and then later added the share smb://10.101.242.21/media/ while something then goes bonkers when Z: mapped to //10.101.242.21/media/ also exists.

I positively know that I didn't add the sub-folder as the source because I started out with scanning series. (Also I deleted the xml files when it didn't work so kodi made new ones when I retried)
Hi,
I´m having the same issue also as creepwood.

I have a Windows 7 with advancedsettings.xml configured because I have a centralized DDBB.

And also I have just only one share from my NAS where in Multimedia folder there two folders:
1. Films
2. Series

The Series folder is correctly analized by the scrapper but when I´m scrapping the Films folder is locked all the time till I´m bored and I have to kill Kodi, in order to exit, from Task Manager because the CPU is at 100%

The log is full of lines like these:
18:51:49 T:896 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.1.12\Multimedia" with username "XXXX" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.
18:51:49 T:896 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.1.12\Multimedia" with username "XXXX" and with password. Error code: 1219
18:51:50 T:896 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.1.12\Multimedia" with username "XXXX" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

The PC where I´m having the problem has also the folder connected via CIFS/SAMBA as remote folder.
The credentials stored in Windows have been checked and are the same user/password that I´m using to connect the shared folder in Kodi.

If I disconnect the shared folder from windows, reboot the PC and try to scan again the Films to scrape the info still getting the same problem.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samba problem error 12190