Win Problems with SVP, 3D and Subtitles
Exclamation 
I recently bought a 4K TV, and part of the reason I bought it was to use the Passive 3D with games and movies from my PC.
I also found about the Smooth Video Project and wanted to give it a try. After quite an annoying setup I got it working, with Kodi using the custom build with DSPlayer (using madVR).

SVP also supports 3D movies, and I wanted to test that out too, when I looked into it Kodi supports 3D, so I tried opening one of my movies and SVP recognised the 3D content and removed the borders/smoothed the motion, but Kodi was still in 2D mode. After double and triple checking the MKV file naming and flags to make sure it should be recognised, I tried turning off DSPlayer, and lo and behold, it started using the Stereoscopic UI. However, my TV hadn't switched to 3D mode (and half the point is it should be seamless, or I would use something else), so I checked my 3D vision drivers, updated them, ran the wizard (which I was surprised to find worked with my passive TV) and then disabled it as described in the 3D guide (here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229692). Tried it again, still didn't switch (I also tried it while 3D was enabled - which enabled 3D on my TV automatically, and that also failed). I also noticed while doing this that the left eye image would intermittently be just black and when I gave in and just switched on 3D manually I found that the cursor was stretched vertically, and some check boxes were squashed vertically. Also, subtitles were stretched vertically, and would be doubled up on each eye for a few seconds after resuming playback. This was most odd because subtitles weren't even turned on. I set language to both None and Forced, checked and unchecked the "Enable subtitles" option at the global and per-file level but nothing changed, only the language, but I couldn't even get up the "L" menu half the time. I tried setting flags in the MKV to disabled for both subtitle tracks, neither had "forced" set to true, but still they appeared in Kodi. I tried turning on DSplayer again, and the subtitles were gone... I've ended up just muxing out the subtitles to get rid of them, but it shouldn't be this hard.

So a summary of my issues:
- 3D UI doesn't work with SVP (DSplayer/madVR)
- 3D mode doesn't turn on/off automatically with standard player [Frame interlaced output with a FPR Passive 3D TV means 3D mode doesn't need to turn on at all]
- Sometimes the standard player doesn't show the right eye video
- Sometimes I can't open the "L" key subtitles menu
- Embedded MKV subtitles just won't turn off.

So obviously I'd like to solve these issues, but if someone knows of a better alternative to SVP, then I am willing to try it - especially if it works with k-lite codec pack.

My setup:
Kodi Jarvis DSplayer mod (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175) 15 November 2015 (737db9f) build*.
NVidia graphics (970) capable of 3D Vision and SVP at 60FPS. i7 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 x64.
LG 4K Passive 3D TV (3840x2160) works best with Over-Under format, which most of my 3D movies are (aka Top-and-Bottom).

*I realise this isn't supported by the main developers, but I'm hoping that people can still help or these might be issues found in the main version too.

Let me know if more info is needed. Cheers
I ran through as much of what I described as I could and made a log file. Sorry for not having it ready when I posted my first message, but I was so frustrated with one thing after another not working, I just wanted to write it all down and put it out there to hopefully get some help.

http://xbmclogs.com/pmwtlbu2t#
Post in the DSPlayer thread and you should get some help bud.
Ok, I will post in the DSPlayer thread too, but 4 of the 5 issues only occurred when DSPlayer was off.
OK It was late when i read this last night:

So a summary of your issues and my limited answers Smile

Correct use standard player and all should be well just use DSPlayer for non 3d content.

- 3D mode doesn't turn on/off automatically with standard player
Press the 3d button on your remote hardly a hardship? I get this also depends on the movie it must just not detect it as being 3D.

Not sure what you mean and i dont get this problem??

Can you open it via the skin interface in the player at the bottom?

If they are embedded you cant turn them off??
Correct use standard player and all should be well just use DSPlayer for non 3d content.
It turns out it works but only for dual stream (mvc) mkv files, which sucks.

- 3D mode doesn't turn on/off automatically with standard player
Press the 3d button on your remote hardly a hardship? I get this also depends on the movie it must just not detect it as being 3D.
It's not going to kill me, but it is a pain in the arse, because it doesn't remember the 3D mode, and immediately induces headaches when 3D turns off. Software can activate 3D through HDMI, so I thought Kodi as the best media centre software would support it.

Not sure what you mean and i dont get this problem??
Top image (left eye) appears, bottom image (right eye) is just black.

Can you open it via the skin interface in the player at the bottom?
I don't use confluence (I think it's called mimic) the audio menu lets me toggle through languages, but the separate window doesn't always open.

If they are embedded you cant turn them off??
Embedded in the file, not the video. I couldn't mux them out if they were hardcoded.
ok well thats my best answers really the 3d has never been a problem for me i also use powerdvd 15 as an external player, the button thing is your TV not detecting a 3d signal i think so duno what can be done there, never had the eye problem ever so cant comment, transparency the best skin ever made allows this and if its in the mkv they should turn off.

Maybe some1 else can help you out thats my ideas.

Tia

Derek
(2016-03-08, 00:07)Derek Wrote: ok well thats my best answers really the 3d has never been a problem for me i also use powerdvd 15 as an external player, the button thing is your TV not detecting a 3d signal i think so duno what can be done there, never had the eye problem ever so cant comment, transparency the best skin ever made allows this and if its in the mkv they should turn off.

Maybe some1 else can help you out thats my ideas.

Tia

Derek

OK, thanks. Hopefully one of the devs can fill in some of the blanks using my logs.
I've solved one issue with some lateral thinking, and sharing in case it's of use to anyone else...

I actually realised that there is a very nice simple solution to my issue when not using DSPlayer, which is to set the 3D output mode to interlaced and because I'm using "just scan" on my TV it lines up perfectly with the FPR and I don't have to turn on 3D at all, just put on my glasses.

Unfortunately I would still like to be able to use it with SVP for 60Hz video, so unless SVP/LAV/madVR can show interlaced output, I'm not significantly better off. Plus all the other issues outside of DSPlayer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with SVP, 3D and Subtitles0