WIP Testers wanted for external audio stream support
The goal of PR 9286 is to add support for external audio tracks and to create a basis for a rewrite of external streams handling.

The prefix of the additional audio files must be the name of the video file. For example, if the video file is named movie.avi, the audio file can be named movie.ger.dts.

Please test this feature and report back your results and ideas for improvement.

This is a development/test build based on kodi's master branch. Don't blame me for destroyed userdata etc.

Win32 download links:
exe: 07.03.16
pdb: 07.03.16
Sooo... a portable installation with no db integration (just using files view) would be ok for this? Maybe extracting audio files from MKV multiaudio files, placing them in the same directory and seeing if they stay in synch? Stuff like that?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
hi,

is there a way to get external audio work over url
for example:

item = xbmcgui.ListItem(saade, iconImage = ICON, path = saade)
playlist.add(saade,item)
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(HANDLE, True, item)
If someone wants to fire off an OS X test build, I would be very excited to test this. (I think I still have Jenkins access, but I don't know if it would be appropriate to use it without asking)
It was merged already, so nigthly build should be available.

@andrisaedma currently not.
@ashlar i tested it that way.
Great, I will give it a spin :D
What's blocking this for network streams, finding the external audio files themselves to identify options?
This isn't designed to mix two audio tracks together, is it? That would be incredibly useful for something like rifftrax (i.e. modern Mystery Science Theater 3000). http://www.rifftrax.com/
Hi Ace. I tried installing and launching it in portable mode but it errors out with "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting."

Edit: fixed it by looking at logs.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
It seems to be working just fine. What I noticed is that it didn't take the language three letter code to provide the relevant info in the audio stream selection requester. If you have audiofile.eng.dts I suggest it should provide the English info instead of identifying the stream as unknown.

Edit: there's a a... couple of seconds I'd say, where the video lags behind audio when switching audio track. I thought it was due to multiple access to the same drive but I then moved the files to an SSD and it remained unchanged. Nothing terrible, as I guess one doesn't keep switching during a movie but still worth pointing out.
Anything else to test?
Greetings from Brazil

I saved an external soundtrack (.ac3 file) along with an external subtitle file inside a movie folder. They are as follows:
Quote:  The LEGO Ninjago Movie 2017 EUR 2160p UHD Blu-ray Remux HEVC Atmos 7.1..HDR.Dolby.Atmos.srt
  The LEGO Ninjago Movie 2017 EUR 2160p UHD Blu-ray Remux HEVC Atmos 7.1.HDR.Dolby.Atmos-pt-br.ac3
  The LEGO Ninjago Movie 2017 EUR 2160p UHD Blu-ray Remux HEVC Atmos 7.1.HDR.Dolby.Atmos.mkv

The problem is: Whenever I try to play this movie Kodi reproduces the audio but does not show the video. Kodi plays be video just if I remove or remake the audio file.

I am using the following system:
  • Kodi 17.6 Krypton
  • nVidia Shield TV 2017 Version 8.0.0
  • Shield Android TV SW Version 7.0.1 (29.10.175.21)
  Additional information:   What should I do in order to be able to run such movies with external soundtrack without any issue? 

Thanks
Gilson
Anyone looking at this one? Thanks.
I'm plannig to make a similar test this weekend. I'll tell you if it works or not
Great! Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers wanted for external audio stream support0