Streaming with Jarvis 16.1
So, with Kodi 15.x, had no problem streaming to my Samsung Smart TV.

Upgraded to 16.1, and although I still am able to see the normal "Play Using", and my TV, when I select it, Kodi appears to attempt to connect (and movie tries to play), but then just does nothing.

Not sure if it's a documented problem, or just with me.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dan

Note: Windows 7 Enterprise
Personally i'd use an HDMI cable but if thats not possible i don't know as i can stream to my telly with 16.1 using the method stated, debug log (wiki) ?
Thanks Derek. I'm currently at work, but will look at it again tonight (East Coast USA).

One thing I recall with Isengard, it didn't work at 1st and I had to disconnect my TV from the NW, and re-connect. Then Kodi seemed to find it.

As I said, I AM seeing it through Kodi, Kodi just isn't streaming to it.

Tnx.
Yeah i assure you its working from win10 to my LG79UB980V obviously it should work on your Samsung as well
Hi Derek,
I was finally able to get to this. Been a busy week, lots of peeps out on vacation.

Anyway, here's what I tried to see if I can get this working:

Totally uninstalled Kodi, reinstalled, added one video add on, called iStream.

Mapped my personal videos and music to the Kodi Library.

I then went to my Samsung Smart TV, disconnected the NW cable (it does support wireless, but I have drop there).

Opened Kodi, and played a movie to the screen with NO problem.

Tried to play the same movie using "Play Using" and selecting my TV, no joy....

I did notice that the little spinning circle in the lower right spun much slower, but it must have timed out or something because it just cycles back to the selection screen.

Also tried the same with music, with the same result.

I do have all of the proper stuff in Services checked off, as well as Airplay.

All set up the same as was with 15.1 which worked perfectly.

I'm very confused on this one!

Thanks.

FYI, here's the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/prkrsx4qm

Dan
Oh...forget to mention, I DID reconnect my NW cable at the tv LOL.
I assumed the NW cable was back in Smile I'm really unsure its not a feature i use as HDMI direct is so much better; your tv does have the codec for the movie (Forget that it must have) hmm maybe windows 10 forum?
Yea, I'm at a loss too. Worked fine with 15.1. In fact I was impressed that it worked so good!

Can't believe I'm the only one having this issue.

As I get more familiar with Kodi (yes, a very late adopter), the more I want to use it, but, it's treating me poorly !!

Oh well...I'll keep at it.
I am having issues with hdmi. Jarvis runs and works well on my laptop, but when I connect to my tv via hdmi, the playback either freezes or is very choppy. For all of Kodi. There is a lag somewhere. I have exited out of Kodi and just ran regular you tube videos, the stream to my tv was excellent. It is only in Kodi I have this issue. Should I downgrade from Jarvis. I have a pretty old Panasonic tv. My laptop is a brand new, straight out of the box hp notebook that I purchased specifically to only run Kodi. Took off all bloat ware. It has windows 10. Any suggestions?
Can't tell you. I tried XBMC a while back and didn't really like it. But Kodi 15.1 and on has gotten very interesting. Before Jarvis, I had no problems at all. Since, at the desktop level I have no problems, but I can't stream for nothing.

Music and Movies recognize my Smart TV, and when I do a "Play Using", and select it, the little spinny wheel comes up and then just comes back to the screen I was on.

Thought I have an epiphany yesterday and that might have been firewall related, but, not so Sad.

I'll keep plugging, unless anyone has any other ideas!
Just another update, I AM able to stream YouTube vids from this computer with absolutely no problems.
For any that might be willing to try to help, also, here's the lastest Debug Log:

http://xbmclogs.com/pimvrbdty

PS. I DO see some errors in it, but it's all "greek" to me Wink !
@CTDan - grab the video that is a trouble and pop on a USB stick and test that plugged into the TV. As Derek pointed out, UPnP streaming to a TV means the TV must be able to decode the film natively. (One of the reasons I gave up on UPnP myself).

I noticed this warning in the log:

11:10:12 T:3104 WARNING: CWinRenderer::UpdateVideoFilter - chosen scaling method 1 is not supported by renderer

Sounds like the TV complaining about something,.

@mvhelep - you should really start your own thread as you have a different issue. Your TV will not be "too old".
Thanks Batter...I'd normally agree with you, and I'll try, but Kodi isn't streaming my MP3 music files either. Again, when I choose "Play Using" and select the TV, it does show it, but when I try to stream an MP3 file, the same result happens

It starts like it's playing (little rotating circle in the lower right), but looks like it's intermittent (stutters a bit), but never plays, and returns to the menu.

Dan
(2016-03-13, 02:21)[email protected] Wrote: I am having issues with hdmi. Jarvis runs and works well on my laptop, but when I connect to my tv via hdmi, the playback either freezes or is very choppy. For all of Kodi. There is a lag somewhere. I have exited out of Kodi and just ran regular you tube videos, the stream to my tv was excellent. It is only in Kodi I have this issue. Should I downgrade from Jarvis. I have a pretty old Panasonic tv. My laptop is a brand new, straight out of the box hp notebook that I purchased specifically to only run Kodi. Took off all bloat ware. It has windows 10. Any suggestions?

Sounds like it cant handle it my mates laptop can play 1080 local display but choppy via hdmi intel gpu by any chance?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming with Jarvis 16.10