Win TVHeadend missing from Kodi 17 Krypton
I installed Krypton on my windows PC to evaluate Estuary skin. First thing it asked me was no PVR client installed. So tried to add TVheadend but it is missing from the selection. Seems strange considering it is probably the most popular PVR backend. Advice required ...
That's a client issue if no PVR client is installed - AFAIK, the Windows installer bundles the PVR clients (vs installing separately, as you would on Linux). When you install a release version, you get the familiar "select which components to install" dialog and can select/deselect PVR clients from there. I'm assuming that tvheadend is actually installed on a separate system and is fully-functional otherwise.

This is an unrelated thread, but the screenshot shows that the PVR client section is there, at least: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263607
I have the same issue.

I installed Krypton on a MacBook to test Estuary, and I can't find tvheadend in the list of PVR clients:

Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
Same issue here with the last two builds of crypton.
I'd have to guess at a packaging error, then. Such is life on the bleeding edge.
Hi,

Now with the latest krypton version Tvheadend is available again.
Thanks guys, will update my bleeding edge version with more blood and try it out. I should realise this is still early development... Big Grin
My TVHeadend is on a Ubuntu server and working pretty well. Normal Kodi is openelec and windows 7 is where I muck about with newer versions of Kodi.
(2016-03-13, 23:27)Terracotta Wrote: Thanks guys, will update my bleeding edge version with more blood and try it out. I should realise this is still early development... Big Grin
My TVHeadend is on a Ubuntu server and working pretty well. Normal Kodi is openelec and windows 7 is where I muck about with newer versions of Kodi.

I know this is super old but I'm curious what your plans are now that Kodi 17 is live. I have a similar setup. Openelec running Kodi 16 & the back end of tvheadend. The openelec is really just for the pvr backend and to update the mysql database.

My front end clients are SPMC & MRMC running on FireTV's.

I was hoping all would move to 17 at the same time but now I'm really worried about openelec. There doesn't seem to be much developement going on.
I suggest to switch to LibreELEC.
(2017-02-17, 08:53)ksooo Wrote: I suggest to switch to LibreELEC.
I'm watching their page too.
Do you know if there's a migration path from OE to LE? It would be nice to not loose my current config when I make the move.
(2017-02-17, 15:38)rcrh Wrote:
Do you know if there's a migration path from OE to LE? It would be nice to not loose my current config when I make the move.

Afaik, migration is possible.
(2017-02-17, 18:14)ksooo Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 15:38)rcrh Wrote:

Afaik, migration is possible.

Thanks, I'll check their forums & wiki.
Like I said I'd hate to have to reconfigure my tvheadend from scratch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend missing from Kodi 17 Krypton0