Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'
When starting Kodi the 'Working' message hangs for a long time (1-2 minutes) then a error notification shows 'Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available''?

This seems to happen intermittently ie not every time I start Kodi, but seems to be mostly when I have already closed Kodi and then reopen later. The problem seems not to happen if I have opened Kodi after freshly restarting or starting my pc.

The other strange thing is that although I get the notification 'Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'', all my channels show up in guide and are working?

The other annoying thing is that I can not get rid of the notification either so it stays on the screen for ages, is there any way to close this notification?
That message is probably just saying it can't talk to NextPVR at all.

If you view http://127.0.0.1:8866 in your browser (on the NextPVR PC), do you see it's web page? ie, telling us the NextPVR webserver is running, which is what Kodi talks to.
(2016-03-14, 05:11)sub3 Wrote: That message is probably just saying it can't talk to NextPVR at all.

If you view http://127.0.0.1:8866 in your browser (on the NextPVR PC), do you see it's web page? ie, telling us the NextPVR webserver is running, which is what Kodi talks to.

I see the webpage with all the chanels listed when I view http://127.0.0.1:8866 in my browser.
If you can enable debug logging in kodi, then reproduce the problem, then supply your kodi.log, I'll check it out for you.
(2016-03-14, 18:25)sub3 Wrote: If you can enable debug logging in kodi, then reproduce the problem, then supply your kodi.log, I'll check it out for you.

Thanks very much for helping Sub3

Here is log.

http://xbmclogs.com/p3crrnu1w
I can't see any obvious reason in that log. Can you watch that same channel in NextPVR itself?
From my experience with NextPVR, its really slow in releasing multituners.

There really isn't a clean fix for this...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-03-16, 21:21)Lunatixz Wrote: From my experience with NextPVR, its really slow in releasing multituners.

That shouldn't be the case - in my experience, it's instant.
(2016-03-17, 01:14)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 21:21)Lunatixz Wrote: From my experience with NextPVR, its really slow in releasing multituners.

That shouldn't be the case - in my experience, it's instant.

If it was instant, you most likely wouldn't see a tuner error.

If you have two tuners for example, tuner 1 is in use and change channels, tuner 2 is used while tuner 1 is released. But if you change again while both tuners are engaged you can get a tuner unavailable error.

This may or may not apply to your situation.
(2016-03-17, 01:17)Lunatixz Wrote: If you have two tuners for example, tuner 1 is in use and change channels, tuner 2 is used while tuner 1 is released. But if you change again while both tuners are engaged you can get a tuner unavailable error.
That shouldn't be the case. It passes an session ID with each channel request, and the first thing it does is kill any existing channel stream associated with that session ID, before creating the new stream. If that isn't happening for you, I'm happy take a look at your logs.

(FYI, I'm the author of NextPVR)
(2016-03-17, 02:24)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 01:17)Lunatixz Wrote: If you have two tuners for example, tuner 1 is in use and change channels, tuner 2 is used while tuner 1 is released. But if you change again while both tuners are engaged you can get a tuner unavailable error.
That shouldn't be the case. It passes an session ID with each channel request, and the first thing it does is kill any existing channel stream associated with that session ID, before creating the new stream. If that isn't happening for you, I'm happy take a look at your logs.

(FYI, I'm the author of NextPVR)

I stopped used NextPVR over a year ago... But I could reproduce the error under the circumstances explained above like clock work. Using a HDHR dual and Prime on the same network.

Thank you for NextPVR...
(2016-03-14, 01:51)Rainbowserpant Wrote: When starting Kodi the 'Working' message hangs for a long time (1-2 minutes) then a error notification shows 'Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available''?

This seems to happen intermittently ie not every time I start Kodi, but seems to be mostly when I have already closed Kodi and then reopen later. The problem seems not to happen if I have opened Kodi after freshly restarting or starting my pc.

The other strange thing is that although I get the notification 'Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'', all my channels show up in guide and are working?

The other annoying thing is that I can not get rid of the notification either so it stays on the screen for ages, is there any way to close this notification?

I also see this same issue as well. I'll be watching a show and then all of a sudden the tuner no longer avail message will appear. I can go back into guide and start up the channel for viewing again no problems but the only way to get rid of the notification is to close out Kodi.
(2016-03-19, 03:46)Gustovier Wrote: I also see this same issue as well. I'll be watching a show and then all of a sudden the tuner no longer avail message will appear. I can go back into guide and start up the channel for viewing again no problems but the only way to get rid of the notification is to close out Kodi.
Are you on wifi or wired network?
I have exactly the same issue.
(2016-03-19, 16:01)urbanblue74 Wrote: I have exactly the same issue.
Post your logs and we'll take a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'1