(solved) can not play old recordings
Hi !

I have a mythtv 0.27.5-dmo2 box and osmc on a rpi2 using mythtv pvr client 3.4.7. The mythtv box contains lots of recordings, going back to 2012. All these recordings play fine in mythfrontent.

In OSMC I can not play recordings done before 2015-07-09. Error i get is "Connection to Mythtv backend lost".
In the Kodi log i get: MythTV PVR Client: OpenRecordedStream: Failed to open recorded stream. Later recordings work fine.
Weird thing is, when i try to open these older recordings while tail-f-ing the mythbackend log, i get no entries in mythbackend log, it seems Kodi does not even ask for the file.

Kodi log is here:
http://paste.osmc.io/amenerosel

Please help,
Cheers,
Karl
Have you tried adding your MythTV recordings destination folder as a videos source in Kodi?

This way you can access the recordings folder independently from the MythTV backend within Kodi.
Well, the recordings have names like 14090_20100918200100.nuv so that would not really help.

Anyway, if this is a bug we should really try to fix it.

I am happy to run experiments, provide more data.

Cheers,
Karl
Hi all !

I found the problem. When i migrated my mythtv server i changed the hostname of the machine. Turns out, mythtv keeps the hostname in the database so you need to update it or remote clients wont be able to play the recordings. The local mythfrontend is not affected.

This is what i did:
packet sniffed on the mythtv server for the connections:
sudo tcpdump -A -s 0 -i eth0 port 6544

found references to the old hostname...

read https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration about how to properly change the hostname

did mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "UPDATE recorded SET hostname = 'mediaserver' WHERE hostname = 'karl-fernseher';"

now everything works. Smile
Good info. Thanks for sharing.
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Thumbs Up 
Karl_K THANK YOU VERY MUCH for posting this answer! I've been chasing this issue for months!

My database had the hostname listed, and on the kodi client I had the IP address in the configuration for mythtv. I used your command to set the hostname to the IP address, and everything is finally working! I finally have access to my recordings going back to 2006. The command I used was:
mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "UPDATE recorded SET hostname = '10.10.10.10';"
(replace 10.10.10.10 with your mythtvbackend IP address)

Then on the Kodi client, set your mythtv PVR client configuration to the correct ip address.

As a suggestion to other users, always back up your database before starting, and on a regular basis. The command I use is:

mysqldump -u mythtv -p mythconverg -c > /choose your directory location/mythtv_backup_todays_date.sql

If you have to restore you can use:
mysqldump -u mythtv -p mythconverg -c > /choose your directory location/mythtv_backup_date_to_restore.sql
(2016-03-15, 22:54)Karl_K Wrote: Hi all !

I found the problem. When i migrated my mythtv server i changed the hostname of the machine. Turns out, mythtv keeps the hostname in the database so you need to update it or remote clients wont be able to play the recordings. The local mythfrontend is not affected.

This is what i did:
packet sniffed on the mythtv server for the connections:
sudo tcpdump -A -s 0 -i eth0 port 6544

found references to the old hostname...

read https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration about how to properly change the hostname

did mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "UPDATE recorded SET hostname = 'mediaserver' WHERE hostname = 'karl-fernseher';"

now everything works. Smile

I struggled with this for days after moving my recordings to a new server.  This fixed the problem.  If you're still around here -- thank you!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(solved) can not play old recordings0