Any working RPi3 16.0 Jarvis builds?
Just wondering if anyone has a working 16.0 Jarvis build (OpenElec prefered) - it's the last device in my house I need to move off Isenguard to be compatible with my centralised DB.

Cheers
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Intel NUC i3 Thunderbolt Edition
- Sony Xperia Z3 & Z3 Tablet
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

If my post was helpful please click the +Reputation button.
(2016-03-15, 11:49)Katch Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has a working 16.0 Jarvis build (OpenElec prefered) - it's the last device in my house I need to move off Isenguard to be compatible with my centralised DB.

Cheers

Don't know if you are aware but OSMC works fine with my Pi 3 and their build uses Kodi 16.

https://osmc.tv/

I can't remember the thread now but a question like your was asked over at the OE forum and someone posted a link to their build of OE using Kodi 16.
(2016-03-15, 12:12)Vimes Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 11:49)Katch Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has a working 16.0 Jarvis build (OpenElec prefered) - it's the last device in my house I need to move off Isenguard to be compatible with my centralised DB.

Cheers

Don't know if you are aware but OSMC works fine with my Pi 3 and their build uses Kodi 16.

I can't remember the thread now but a question like your was asked over at the OE forum and someone posted a link to their build of OE using Kodi 16.

Really went off RaspBMC when Sam forked off as OSMC. Each to their own but I prefer a more vanilla approach to Kodi development.
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

(2016-03-15, 12:28)Katch Wrote:

Cheers

Really went off RaspBMC when Sam forked off as OSMC. Each to their own but I prefer a more vanilla approach to Kodi development.

Well I have tried Open Elec 6.03 (Kodi 15.2) and the development builds of Kodi 17 as well (problems) as the OSMC build noted. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the OSMC build runs without issue and is very responsive in use. I changed the skin to Xonfluence and it performs a treat. It works fine with SPDIF sending both DTS and DD sound to my Logitech Z5500 speakers.
I have 2 RPi3, one running Openelec and one running OSMC, and both using ftv by Hitcher.

OSMC is not as responsive as Openelec, not by a long shot.

I don't know if it's the lack of optimization for the Pi3, but I certainly notice a slowdown when browsing trough the libraries in OSMC.

I'm keeping both systems tough.
CvH OE 7 16.01 - works on RPi2 And 3 Wink
@ Lycin That's interesting as I notice no such slowdowns. I know that I only have the one Pi 3 and so a comparison isn't possible whilst they are both running but using a Sandisk Ultra card for both 6.03 and then Kodi 16 via OSMC I find them very similar when browsing the library on my server.
(2016-03-15, 12:40)b0mb Wrote: CvH OE 7 16.01 - works on RPi2 And 3 Wink

We have a winner - thank you!
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

(2016-03-15, 12:41)Vimes Wrote: @ Lycin That's interesting as I notice no such slowdowns. I know that I only have the one Pi 3 and so a comparison isn't possible whilst they are both running but using a Sandisk Ultra card for both 6.03 and then Kodi 16 via OSMC I find them very similar when browsing the library on my server.

I didn't noticed any problems when using confluence, but running ftv with widgets, OE runs it smoothly and OSMC doesn't.

What makes those special?
(2016-03-15, 13:11)misa Wrote:

What makes those special?

I don´t know exactly for this but usually CvH´s builds contain drivers for bunch of tvcards Wink

Cheers

OSMC isn't a fork of Kodi. See https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/frequently-...questions/. It is a distribution, just like Raspbmc was.
(2016-03-15, 14:27)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 12:12)Vimes Wrote: Don't know if you are aware but OSMC works fine with my Pi 3 and their build uses Kodi 16.

OSMC isn't a fork of Kodi. See https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/frequently-...questions/. It is a distribution, just like Raspbmc was.

Hey Sam, I stand corrected, apologies. And no offence intended.
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

(2016-03-15, 13:11)misa Wrote: What makes those special?

these are plain oe master builds - so called OE7
OE7 is stable since ~1month+ but no official rls due whatever reason
(2016-03-15, 12:45)Katch Wrote:

We have a winner - thank you!

Just to report - installed and running fine and picking up my central DB

again thanks
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any working RPi3 16.0 Jarvis builds?0