Any working RPi3 16.0 Jarvis builds?
(2016-03-15, 11:49)Katch Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has a working 16.0 Jarvis build (OpenElec prefered) - it's the last device in my house I need to move off Isenguard to be compatible with my centralised DB.

I received my Pi3 yesterday, I'm pushing it hard to see what it'll do. I'm running OpenELEC-Jarvis using the "latest" Chris Swan build (3c1085d). I started with OE v6.03 and installed using the OpenELEC Dev Update addon (OpenELEC Forum Post).

So far, it's a nice piece of hardware, the onboard wifi has surprised me with its range. I'm fiddling with a hubless HDD connection now - its working, but I'll see an occasional rainbow when transfering files over wireless, so not quite ready for prime-time yet! The bluetooth is a nice addition as well.
The databases may not be compatible, have you tried using upnp instead?
(2016-03-16, 20:13)RPico Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 11:49)Katch Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has a working 16.0 Jarvis build (OpenElec prefered) - it's the last device in my house I need to move off Isenguard to be compatible with my centralised DB.

I received my Pi3 yesterday, I'm pushing it hard to see what it'll do. I'm running OpenELEC-Jarvis using the "latest" Chris Swan build (3c1085d). I started with OE v6.03 and installed using the OpenELEC Dev Update addon (OpenELEC Forum Post).

So far, it's a nice piece of hardware, the onboard wifi has surprised me with its range. I'm fiddling with a hubless HDD connection now - its working, but I'll see an occasional rainbow when transfering files over wireless, so not quite ready for prime-time yet! The bluetooth is a nice addition as well.

For the wifi on Rpi3 you might want to check that power management is not on.

The default in Raspbian Jessie is on and it does cause slow down on the wifi connection at times on my network, fixed by "sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off", note this does not survive a reboot.

For a permanent fix in Raspbian Jessie create a file in /etc/network/if-up.d/ named "wlan0-power-management-off" containing
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 power off

Give the file execute permission ( sudo chmod a+x wlan0-power-management-off ), reboot the rpi3 and check power managment is now off (iwconfig wlan0)

Mike
(2016-03-15, 11:49)Katch Wrote: For the wifi on Rpi3 you might want to check that power management is not on.

The default in Raspbian Jessie is on and it does cause slow down on the wifi connection at times on my network, fixed by "sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off", note this does not survive a reboot.

I'm not sure what the default is with OpenELEC, but it does bear checking into. No problems so far though. Thanks for the heads up.
Power management is enabled in 6.0.3, but should be disabled in OE nightlies as of 13 March.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
anybody knows how to enable the suspend mode again ?

it works with the milhouse rls from 12.03 and i need it for my sleep addon
with this new 6.0.3 (OE7) version its disabled again ( and the autostart.sh "dirtyfix" doesnt work anymore: rm /dev/.suspend_disabled )

i also try to install Milhouse 12.03 first, but after the update its not available anymore

thx in advance
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
"Virtual suspend" is not supported by official (or "plain") releases.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
you know maybe a workaround how to activate the " virtual suspend " maybe ?
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2016-03-17, 11:14)schimi2k Wrote: anybody knows how to enable the suspend mode again ?

it works with the milhouse rls from 12.03 and i need it for my sleep addon
with this new 6.0.3 (OE7) version its disabled again ( and the autostart.sh "dirtyfix" doesnt work anymore: rm /dev/.suspend_disabled )
This is probably me being thick, but what does this give you on a pi?
I use that fix on my pc's for sleep - I run oe system from usb / sd and storage on the pc hard drive - but I'm obviously missing something here. Huh
i am using a addon called " sleep "
- till my pi is in my bedroom i used to config this addon to "suspend" after 30minutes and make the screen black, so i can hear some stuff to better sleep Wink hehe
this addon use the "turn off" mode i select in powersaving settings - with 12.03 i use suspend - next day i just need to push a button and kodi is online
now it just have SHUTDOWN and pi is shutting down after 30 minutes - next day i need to unplug/plug power to wake and reboot again

i also ask the addon coder if he have an idea to ignore the shutdown...

Nice idea.
So you're stopping playback altogether after 30 mins, and going to a black screen?
not realy Wink
steps are:
play some of my fav tvshow or audiobook or whatever
press "mute" - its the shortcut of that sleep addon
tvshow paused and the option screen pops up, where i can setup the time, until kodi will shutdown ( 30 minutes or more... depends on how tired i am hehe )
when i press ok the screen goes black, and i can still listen the tvshow/audiobook or whatever is running - after this 30 minutes kodi will shutdown
the addon have some more options you can choose from ...
then i also configure a 30min sleeptimer on my TV and after 30minutes kodi goes off and my tv too... and i am sleeping at this point like a lill baby Wink hehe

EDIT:
this is the sleep addon i speak of : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261959

(2016-03-17, 11:42)schimi2k Wrote: you know maybe a workaround how to activate the " virtual suspend " maybe ?

There's no way to activate it without rebuilding Kodi (and thus OpenELEC) with the virtual suspend patches included.

The only alternative is the screensaver add-on which will toggle display_power and achieve a similar result to virtual suspend.
(2016-03-17, 12:26)schimi2k Wrote: not realy Wink
steps are:
play some of my fav tvshow or audiobook or whatever
press "mute" - its the shortcut of that sleep addon
tvshow paused and the option screen pops up, where i can setup the time, until kodi will shutdown ( 30 minutes or more... depends on how tired i am hehe )
when i press ok the screen goes black, and i can still listen the tvshow/audiobook or whatever is running - after this 30 minutes kodi will shutdown
the addon have some more options you can choose from ...
then i also configure a 30min sleeptimer on my TV and after 30minutes kodi goes off and my tv too... and i am sleeping at this point like a lill baby Wink hehe

EDIT:
this is the sleep addon i speak of : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261959
I know the addon - just been looking at it in fact, was thinking of trying it out (it's on the list!). I have kodi on an old laptop (to tv) in the bedroom which does suspend, so it presumably will work on that as intended.
The 'virtual sleep' sounds like a really nice workaround, hope you find a solution.
well... first of all
big thx to you Milhouse for your infos Smile
and i find a "dirty" trick for now to edit the addon instead of OE hehe ... ( just disable the shutdown )
it just go back to menu again after the time is running out
but i will try the screensaver addon maybe too - but i dont know if its completely shut down the hdmi signal - means also the audio line
but a try doesnt hurt

so thx again MH Smile

EDIT:
like i thought - the screensaver disable my whole hdmi signal incl. audio - so nothing for me - but was worth a try
but in this time robwebset already make an update of SLEEP and add a "go to screensaver" instead of shutdown - after first test here in my main pc its perfect for me !
now schimi is happy again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any working RPi3 16.0 Jarvis builds?0