Any working RPi3 16.0 Jarvis builds?
Is there a trick I missed with installing OE on the RPi3? Trying to understand why burning the disk image (following the wiki) gives me the stupid rainbow screen. But the same sd card boots in my 2 & B+. Raspbian is the only system that I can get to boot and it's also the only os that's not being not being written/burned but copied and pasted. Is there a copy of the file structure for latest OE that I can do the same with?
You need to be using a build that was made since RPi3 was released as some changes were needed to support. Big rainbow of death means you've tried to use an incompatible build.

The Dropbox link has a working OE7 image that I am currently using daily on my RPi3

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0jhy0f3ysok6i...mg.gz?dl=0
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Intel NUC i3 Thunderbolt Edition
- Sony Xperia Z3 & Z3 Tablet
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

If my post was helpful please click the +Reputation button.
The latest stable (6.03?) openelec should work on a Pi3.
Bit confused by the same card booting a Pi1 and Pi2 though - I didn't think that was possible (hence the separate downloads).
(2016-03-17, 16:13)trogggy Wrote: The latest stable (6.03?) openelec should work on a Pi3.
Bit confused by the same card booting a Pi1 and Pi2 though - I didn't think that was possible (hence the separate downloads).

It's only possible if a kernel.img (for pi1) and a kernel7.img (for pi2) are provided.
This is why raspbian can boot on both.
OpenELEC doesn't do this, so no it's not possible for a single kernel to boot on pi1 and pi2.
There are Chris Swan's regular builds of OE with Kodi 16 that I'm using at the moment.
(2016-03-17, 16:10)Katch Wrote: You need to be using a build that was made since RPi3 was released as some changes were needed to support. Big rainbow of death means you've tried to use an incompatible build.

The Dropbox link has a working OE7 image that I am currently using daily on my RPi3

Right, on the OE site there are two sections for RPi. One for the newer models, one for older and less powerful models (ie Zero)

Here's the main problem I'm running into, rpi3 does not like to boot from burned .img's , or at least it seems that way. I'll try this file and let you know what happens. The last one I tried was linked in this thread. So that makes 2 current versions not working. Maybe it's the pi. Who knows. I just know this will be the second pi3 in a row that does the same thing. And this level 1 stuff. I've been most of my work on windows because it's normally the easiest (unzip, burn img, insert sd card in pi, profit!) - Or àm I doing that wrong?
(2016-03-17, 18:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 16:13)trogggy Wrote: The latest stable (6.03?) openelec should work on a Pi3.

It's only possible if a kernel.img (for pi1) and a kernel7.img (for pi2) are provided.
This is why raspbian can boot on both.
OpenELEC doesn't do this, so no it's not possible for a single kernel to boot on pi1 and pi2.

Does OE automatically find and load the proper kernel? Because the latest stable build meant for rpi2+3 boots up no problem on my B+. It won't boot on my rpi3, but it does on the 2 and B+
Wink 
(2016-03-17, 16:10)Katch Wrote: You need to be using a build that was made since RPi3 was released as some changes were needed to support. Big rainbow of death means you've tried to use an incompatible build.

Ok, that one works. I dont know why, nor do I care. Thank you so much. I was getting ready to fire up my tux laptop and do it the right way if this one didnt work. Not sure how much that would help because Im so rusty its ridiculous. But again, thank you. Now I can start going to other topics and bothering other people
I am running the OE7 build linked here on RPi2. Installed the backup from 6.0.3 and all worked. But I can't see any programs addons except for backup, openelec configuration and openelec rpi config. If I go to settings -> addons -> my addons -> program addons, I can see all my installed addons here and even can run them or go to their respective settings. I can see all the video addons. Deleted addons db as well just in case but no luck.

Anybody got how to bring back all the programs addon?
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
(2016-03-19, 03:16)ace310 Wrote: Anybody got how to bring back all the programs addon?
at this image posted above the addons are working - maybe force a refresh (left sidebar) ?
(2016-03-19, 09:24)Namerp Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 03:16)ace310 Wrote: Anybody got how to bring back all the programs addon?
at this image posted above the addons are working - maybe force a refresh (left sidebar) ?

I tried all the refresh methods. Even tried to install new addons but they don't show up in program. As mentioned they get installed all fine.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
(2016-03-19, 09:54)ace310 Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 09:24)Namerp Wrote:

I tried all the refresh methods. Even tried to install new addons but they don't show up in program. As mentioned they get installed all fine.

Finally got it working. Don't know what was the issue. I was running Amber skin.

This is what I did. Change the skin to confluence. Did check for updates in addons. And boom all the addons came back. So definitely something wrong with Amber skin after restore from backup. I went back to Amber now and all is good.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Is there a working UPDATE link for RPI2 to OE7?

Any word from the developers yet? Smile
(2016-03-20, 12:44)bledd Wrote: Is there a working UPDATE link for RPI2 to OE7?

https://goo.gl/RpGjuO (RPi2 and RPi3 are sharing the RPi2 image)
(2016-03-15, 12:40)b0mb Wrote: CvH OE 7 16.01 - works on RPi2 And 3 Wink
I'm using this OE7 build and I can't play any movie in 3D
I also noticed the MVC option from the Settings is gone.
Am I missing something?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any working RPi3 16.0 Jarvis builds?0