Upnp shared folders NOT the same on devices
I spent all day trying to figure this out, at least I figured out the kodi ui slow down issue, but still havent figured out why my upnp shared folders are not updating. I'll explain: I have a nvidia shield tv with marshmallow, kodi installed on my pc and the shield, successfully setup upnp shared folders and can play video files from the shared folder pc to my nvidia shield... BUT, when I add video files to the folder on the pc they do not show up in the shared folder on my shield. All the older files are there from when I initially set it up, but nothing new ever shows up, I can see it in kodi on the pc no problem, but not on the shield. Hitting update on my shield does nothing. Im probably missing something super simple but I have had no luck figuring out what that is.
If you fully quit Kodi from the shutdown menu and then open it back up, does the listing stay the same?
ya, the only workaround Ive discovered, is to make a new folder on my pc and move any new files there, then add that new folder on my kodi on nvidia shield tv .... so basically from now on every single time I get a new media file to watch I have to make a new folder and add it separately, I feel like its 1985 all over again, why is this not working right? Or is this not a capability of upnp on kodi? It seems to only show the files that are there when you first add the folder, after that it will never change on the android box.
I think it's a bug. Kodi should be able to refresh UPnP listings on other Kodi instances, but for some reason it doesn't do this until Kodi restarts.
Is there any way to report or track this bug? I still have this problem using an Android TV. I have not found any workaround including restarting the Kodi app from the PC or T or refreshing the files list from the PC or TV.
What are you guys using as a media server on the device with the files?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upnp shared folders NOT the same on devices1