• 54(current)
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
Zotac ID18 (celeron 1007u) with windows 10 / 8.1 and last test build, works!!! ... but the image on right eye moves up and down all the time (tested with 5 movies in mkv mvc)

Thanks!!!!!

PS: YCbCr Mode
(2016-03-23, 01:17)UnoDeTantos Wrote: Zotac ID18 (celeron 1007u) with windows 10 / 8.1 and last test build, works!!! ... but the image on right eye moves up and down all the time (tested with 5 movies in mkv mvc)

Thanks!!!!!

PS: YCbCr Mode

sounds like the same issue I have with my Celeron 2957U.

Im upgrading now from windows 8.1 to 10 just to see if that makes any difference.

Not really expecting it to but I was planning on upgrading anyway so will see if it makes a difference
(2016-03-23, 00:31)movie78 Wrote: Ok! I disable 3D Stream,played the same file in 2D and there was no lip-sync issue.

2D No Out Of Sync Audio
Ok. Try to set the Render method to DXVA. Settings->Video->Acceleration.
(2016-03-23, 07:27)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 00:31)movie78 Wrote: Ok! I disable 3D Stream,played the same file in 2D and there was no lip-sync issue.

2D No Out Of Sync Audio
Ok. Try to set the Render method to DXVA. Settings->Video->Acceleration.

DXVA is always turn on, do you want me to turn it off?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@movie78
you are confusing between DXVA decoding and DXVA rendering. There is the setting named Render method, by default it has Auto value. I meant to set value of this setting to DXVA. Don't touch Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2 it doesn't matter for MVC.
(2016-03-23, 13:20)afedchin Wrote: @movie78
you are confusing between DXVA decoding and DXVA rendering. There is the setting named Render method, by default it has Auto value. I meant to set value of this setting to DXVA. Don't touch Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2 it doesn't matter for MVC.

Went from Auto Detect to DXVA and had the same results ( Audio out sync)

DXVA 3D Audio out of Sync
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-03-23, 13:35)movie78 Wrote: Went from Auto Detect to DXVA and had the same results ( Audio out sync)

You are still using Pixel shader. from your log
Quote:CWinRenderer::SelectRenderMethod: Selected render method 1: Pixel Shaders
or you uploaded wrong log.
(2016-03-23, 13:40)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 13:35)movie78 Wrote: Went from Auto Detect to DXVA and had the same results ( Audio out sync)

You are still using Pixel shader. from your log
Quote:CWinRenderer::SelectRenderMethod: Selected render method 1: Pixel Shaders
or you uploaded wrong log.

DXVA only

DXVA 3D
(2016-03-23, 13:40)movie78 Wrote: DXVA only

DXVA 3D
Does sync issue occur with DXVA?
(2016-03-22, 21:57)Statikk Wrote: @SofaKng Off topic, but I'm wondering what the name of your IP remote system is.
I'm using URC's Total Control system. It's a bit expensive but allows full programming of everything including 12v triggers, RS-232, IR, IP, etc.
(2016-03-23, 14:10)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 13:40)movie78 Wrote: DXVA only

DXVA 3D
Does sync issue occur with DXVA?

Yes!!
(2016-03-22, 01:53)hdmkv Wrote: @movie78, can you test 'Rio' or 'Drive Angry' on your DN2820 NUC and report back if you get the pixellation I did?

Or, here's a 5-minute sample ISO I created w/tsMuxeR; please test it out guys.

As @afedchin replied it's likely a hardware decoder issue, I did the following, all with March 21 build...
  • Re-tested on my DN2820 NUC, and same pixellation issue
  • Tested on my i5, and same pixellation issue
  • Tested with 3x different graphics drivers on i5, and same pixellation issue*
*Intel's driver situation seems to be a bit of a mess! Going to device manager and driver properties updated to a certain 'latest' version that caused awful tearing (same version as via Windows update). Going to Intel's website and downloading/installing latest (for Win10, what I have) for Intel HD4400 was yet another 'latest' version that gave me blank screen with 3D. Finally, using Intel's driver utility app gave me the 'right latest' version (I think) that allowed 'proper' 3D playback. Seems like we should trust Intel's driver utility over other methods.

BTW, both titles above play fine via HiMedia Q5 (current-gen) and Q10 Pro (due early April)... I have a best-tester sample unit of latter.

On a positive note, did want to mention left/right eye swap works great w/March 21 build as @afedchin mentioned.

Ok!

I ran @hdmkv test 3D MVC file on my PC with PowerDVD and there was no Pixellation,On Kodi 17 on the same PC, had pixelation issue.
I don't think there is problem with Rip
Sharing quickly a couple of thoughts concerning my experiences on GT720 Geforce card/ Win10 64/ THE latest nVidia drivers & March 15 build...audio sync has been my biggest issue, next would be dropped frames, skips/ mini freezes. Most of this happens trying digital audio, so if I let KODI decode the HD audio tracks to the 5.1 analog outputs on my SB sound card, playback is darn near perfect except for the occasional video freeze/audio keeps playing/video catches back up issue.

Another thing I've noted, when enabling 3D mode in nVidia control, 23/24 Hz is no longer available in NON 3D mode. Okay, no problem. I can set the desktop to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, and Kodi will switch the refresh rate to 23/24 Hz at the start of playback.

EXCEPT, if you leave your desktop @ 60 Hz & Kodi switches to 23/24 Hz, playback has a hard time syncing up in the beginning of the movie. I know this because since I let Kodi decode the audio & I enable "sync playback to monitor", I hear major pitch shift happening as Kodi struggles to sync audio to video.

HOWEVER, if I leave the desktop @ 1920x1080p @ 23/24 Hz, the start of the same movie starts perfectly in sync, no pitch shift, no nothing, and video glitches/ minor freezes are kept to a minimum.

My job is killing me right now & I have limited time, so I promise in the next couple of days I'll get some more details & debug logs posted for you. I'll be glad to test builds when I can for the Geforce users out there.

Your hard work on this project is greatly appreciated, thanks! Cool
(2016-03-23, 18:02)movie78 Wrote: I ran @hdmkv test 3D MVC file on my PC with PowerDVD and there was no Pixellation,On Kodi 17 on the same PC, had pixelation issue.
I don't think there is problem with Rip

Thanks for testing @movie78. I'm suspecting it's a Kodi 3D rendering issue... via Intel, via Pi2/3 and via custom Kodi solutions like Zidoo/HiMedia (RK3368). Like I mentioned, the sample I provided above was originally ripped w/MakeMKV to MVC MKV, then later remuxed to 3D ISO via tsMuxeR. Not re-encoded, but simply a container shift.

Most of my Blu-ray's are in an off-site storage as I haven't needed them since originally ripping... who the heck out of us wants to keep 100's or 1000's of physical discs around anyway?! Smile. Was hoping Intel NUC w/Windows MVC Kodi builds would play everything. I have 230+ 3D movies, and likely 70% of them would be affected being remuxes. Was hoping I could avoid testing every of my 3D titles via Intel, figuring out which are affected by pixellation, going to storage, hauling all those discs back, and re-ripping. Ugh! Major PITA... as I'd need to re-figure out correct playlist, forced subs to do the movie-only ISO's I do.

Bottom line is remuxes should work as well as the straight rips because the original video and audio streams, chapters & PGS are still all there as is from the original discs. I sometimes also do remuxes for example if I want an ATMOS track only available on a 2D BD (for example: 'Gravity') w/MVC video track from 3D BD, getting the best of both worlds. Or, I find a 3D import w/o English audio and buy a 2D English BD, whose track I want to extract and use to create a new 3D ISO.

Anyway, here are my findings with 7x different media players w/the 3D ISO of 'Drive Angry', same as sample linked above:
  • Intel i5 w/20160322 build = pixellation, jerky playback (debug log here)
  • RPi3 w/Milhouse Kodi 17 #0322 build = same issues as above
  • HiMedia H8 Octa w/custom Kodi 15.2 = same issues as above
  • HiMedia Q10 Pro = plays fine, no issues
  • HiMedia Q5 4K 3D (current-gen) = plays fine, no issues
  • Popcorn Hour VTEN (non-Kodi) = plays fine, no issues
  • nVidia Shield TV w/Kodi 16.1 = plays fine in 2D mode, no issues

So, for 3D mode playback, the same pixellation issue in players w/integrated Kodi (Intel, Pi3, H8), but in non-Kodi players, no issues. And 2D mode in Shield w/internal Kodi playback, no issue. So, something is up with handling of certain remuxed 3D BD's in Intel/Pi builds.

Here's a short (7+ minutes) video showing playback in 5 of the 7 media boxes listed above:
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-24, 01:04)hdmkv Wrote: I'm suspecting it's a Kodi 3D rendering issue... via Intel, via Pi2/3 and via custom Kodi solutions like Zidoo/HiMedia (RK3368). Like I mentioned, the sample I provided above was originally ripped w/MakeMKV to MVC MKV, then later remuxed to 3D ISO via tsMuxeR. Not re-encoded, but simply a container shift.
I didn't get pixelation when I converted your sample ISO to MVC MKV in MakeMKV. So, the problem may not be with the actual m2ts files. It may have to do with the Blu-ray file structure created by tsMuxeR.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds5