So are List type Views gone for good?
I am quickly getting to like much of the new skin. navigating the Tiles/grid type views in the addons not really ideal. I have search around, seen the it mentioned, but not found an answer. Is "List View" in many of the windows a thing of the past?

@ Edit - Or "Info" or even "Media Info" or any of the up/down "List" type views, for that matter? Or is only getting the tiles just a Byproduct of it still being a very very young skin.
No one?
+1
I prefer List View
See, Im just not sure to submit a "Feature request" or a "Bug report". None of the developers seem to be chiming in on this subject, anywhere I have looked. Do the changes to kodi make "List" type views difficult in the new skin or something? Is it planned in the future, or being completely eliminated for some reason? It makes things so much easier to navigate, for me at least, So I hope that we will see it again in an official capacity.
Yeah I miss standard listview to, i understand keeping things simple with few viewtypes but a listview should be present. Smile
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
+1.

Was really confused about the lack of the most basic view type.
Sadly, yes. The skin does have a list view, but the author doesn't believe it should be available in library views. He did discuss this in one of the early threads.

The confluence "media view" kinda exists, but with a right-aligned item list, which I personally can't stand. The author does not want to add this either.

Basically, the answer is "this skin isn't for everybody, if you don't like it use a different skin".
wow, It's such a great skin in so many ways, But a big pain to browse those "Grid" view with speech, and even if you are not blind apparently many don't like. I don't understand the decision to exclude the list view from selection, they don't have to be set default, Just put it there for us to choose if we want it.

They say "this skin isn't for everybody, if you don't like it use a different skin", I don't think the creative license should be that strong, when they are developing the skin that is the default. I could understand the attitude if the skin was actually an addon skin, but it is not, It is the one skin that should be developed with the masses in mind and not a select few.
Well, I agree, obviously.

But remember that this is open-source and all the developers are volunteers working for free. So nobody can tell them "you must do this". All we can do is fork the skin and make the changes ourselves.

Guilouz is already doing that; look for his Estuary Mod thread in this forum. Hopefully he will add list views everywhere and left-list media view. I actually asked him about it a couple days ago myself.
I don't understand what do you want, there is already a list view :

Estuary MOD V2 
Estuary is a new default skin, not a replacement for all other skins. Confluence will still work in Kodi 17. If people want more functionality in Estuary then they are welcome to create their own mods.
Im confused too, as Guilouz has pointed out, there is a list view. I found it easy enough. Is this what your talking about?.
Guilouz, quick question regarding that pic above you have posted, the icons below the poster and fanart pictures. White out in the pic, can these be changed to colour in the skin?
(2016-04-06, 03:55)Guilouz Wrote: I don't understand what do you want, there is already a list view :

and in addition to that, there's also a fanart view, which also has a list layout:

in the music library you can select the 'wide list' view:
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The Confluence List view is very simple. List on the left, thumbnail on the right.

The view Guilouz posted was a rich type of media view, with the cover image on the left, list in the center, and description and thumbnail on the right.

The views ronie posted were first a left-aligned list media view (which I didn't realize existed, is that new? I like that view! I guess I need to install a new nightly and see what's changed in Estuary!), and the right-aligned list media view from the first estuary release, which I personally hate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So are List type Views gone for good?1