Jarvis 16.0 problems black screen
This is the main reason why I haven't upgraded to Jarvis 16 yet.
(2016-03-30, 15:58)Iceman360 Wrote: This is the main reason why I haven't upgraded to Jarvis 16 yet.

do you mean the black screen problem?
(2016-03-30, 15:59)sempro Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 15:58)Iceman360 Wrote: This is the main reason why I haven't upgraded to Jarvis 16 yet.

do you mean the black screen problem?

Yes, I tried Jarvis 16 and constantly got black screen on first start. Went back to 15.2 and all good again.
(2016-03-30, 12:28)black_eagle Wrote: Yeah, you guys need to supply a debug log (wiki) to help identify your issues. If Kodi won't run well enough for you to enable debugging in the GUI, you will need to create an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and use that to get your debug log. See this entry in the wiki for full details http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...ngs.xml.29

Okay,
tonight I will eneble Debug Log and i send it to help you solve this problem.

PS: I have an update to the problem. Yesterday I've set my refresh rate to 60 Hz (on the GPU control panel) instead of the 50 Hz default. In the next two boot sequence Kodi reported the same White Screen with "Kodi not responding" error but after that the screen turned to black and then showed up Kodi correctly!!! It could be only two lucky boots but, if it isn't that case, even if it's not flawless, it's a bit better.
(2016-03-31, 11:16)Luke.Siren Wrote: Okay,

PS: I have an update to the problem. Yesterday I've set my refresh rate to 60 Hz (on the GPU control panel) instead of the 50 Hz default. In the next two boot sequence Kodi reported the same White Screen with "Kodi not responding" error but after that the screen turned to black and then showed up Kodi correctly!!! It could be only two lucky boots but, if it isn't that case, even if it's not flawless, it's a bit better.

ok Luke very good (my first name is Luke too, in italy is Luca Smile )

at the moment I don't have time to try more tests, maybe next weeks will be better.
So I stay with 15.2 and work perfect..
let us know if you find some news (after debug log too..)

good luck!
(2016-03-31, 11:21)sempro Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 11:16)Luke.Siren Wrote: Okay,

ok Luke very good (my first name is Luke too, in italy is Luca Smile )

at the moment I don't have time to try more tests, maybe next weeks will be better.
So I stay with 15.2 and work perfect..
let us know if you find some news (after debug log too..)

good luck!

Hi,
also my name is Luca and... I'm italian too!!! Big Grin
That's why my english is not so good... Laugh
Anyway, I'm sure that with our tests and the help of the Kodi Team we can fix this annoying problem.

Bye!
Quote:Hi,
Anyway, I'm sure that with our tests and the help of the Kodi Team we can fix this annoying problem.

Bye!

hahaaha unbelievable!

also my english is not so good.. Smile
anyway we hope about this fix soon for next stable release!

PS: did you try kodi 17 beta perhaps?

Hi,

Bye!
[/quote]

hahaaha unbelievable!

also my english is not so good.. Smile
anyway we hope about this fix soon for next stable release!

PS: did you try kodi 17 beta perhaps?
[/quote]

Hehehe!
Yes I'm sure of it... DirectX transition from 9 to 11 was a big step and some compatibility issues may arise.
I've also tried 17 Nightly Build but it's too unstable to use it right now. Anyway I like the new default skin. Confluence is beautiful but the new look is also better.
I have a dual screen setup. When only one screen is connected to the graphics card kodi loads ok. With the 2 screens connected I get the problem. Do you all have 2 screens?
(2016-03-31, 15:17)kgian Wrote: I have a dual screen setup. When only one screen is connected to the graphics card kodi loads ok. With the 2 screens connected I get the problem. Do you all have 2 screens?

HI,
I have only TV connected by Hdmi cable.. not other monitor/screens connected..
(2016-03-31, 15:17)kgian Wrote: I have a dual screen setup. When only one screen is connected to the graphics card kodi loads ok. With the 2 screens connected I get the problem. Do you all have 2 screens?

Hi,
my setup is the same of Sempro: only one TV connected via HDMI cable.
Good morning everyone,
I've done further tests and the black screen randomly rised again (even with the 60 Hz set). Sad Here is my Kodi.log obtained as follows:

- Enabled Debug Log
- Closed Kodi
- Deleted previous Logs
- Powered off my VivoPC
- Powerd On
- Waited until Kodi started
- White Screen (Kodi not responding), then Black screen
- Alt+Enter and Alt+Enter
- Closed Kodi
- Opened Kodi.log and published on Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/pj9wHkJ1

I hope this helps the developers to seek and destroy this annoying bug! Smile
Well done Luke!
Had this problem for a while. You're not alone.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257881

Sadly I did not find a solution. Jarvis seemed to work if windowed fully sceen but I had a lot of random freezes so have rolled back to 15.2.

It's very weird that it only effects Kodi on the first load. Subsequently things are fine.
(2016-04-02, 18:42)DougD Wrote: Had this problem for a while. You're not alone.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257881

Sadly I did not find a solution. Jarvis seemed to work if windowed fully sceen but I had a lot of random freezes so have rolled back to 15.2.

It's very weird that it only effects Kodi on the first load. Subsequently things are fine.
Yes Doug,
It's correct: the problem arise only on the first Kodi run after Windows boot. All the following launch are working fine. This is very weird. I've also tried to wait a lot before to launch it but the first run is often a white then black screen. [PENSIVE FACE]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16.0 problems black screen1