Jarvis 16.0 problems black screen
Hello Everyone.

I am having the same issues with the black screen / loosing focus / random freezes and stalling.
15.2 worked very well on my 2 main PCs

I have the Windows screensaver on and it takes focus from Kodi. This did not happen in 15.2

Also, scrolling does not always work reliably.

BTW, this thread is somewhat related:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258640

Kodi 16.0
Aeon Nox Skin
Win 7 64 SP1
Core2Duo
ATI Radeon HD 4800
HDMI
Toshiba TV
Hello everybody,
I have some news about my status about this problem:
- unfortunately my pc got an hard drive error, so I must change it
- I get a new pc, totally different in HW (for example, about GPU: this one have nVidia ION , other one was with Ati Radeon Hd 6310)
- this new pc have Windows 7 Home 32bit (other one was Windows 8.1)
- I put direclty Kodi 16, I kept my old library data, only delete "guisettings.xml"

In this new configuration I don't have "black screen" problem on Kodi start

@luke: maybe did you have some news or still same situation?
(2016-04-08, 15:00)sempro Wrote: Hello everybody,
I have some news about my status about this problem:
- unfortunately my pc got an hard drive error, so I must change it
- I get a new pc, totally different in HW (for example, about GPU: this one have nVidia ION , other one was with Ati Radeon Hd 6310)
- this new pc have Windows 7 Home 32bit (other one was Windows 8.1)
- I put direclty Kodi 16, I kept my old library data, only delete "guisettings.xml"

In this new configuration I don't have "black screen" problem on Kodi start

@luke: maybe did you have some news or still same situation?
Hi Sempro,
I am sure that this is an hardware related issue... Unfortunately on my side the Intel HD 4000 still has the problem. I'm waiting for some developer update. Confused
16.1 stable is out but the white and the following black screen of doom is always there... [PENSIVE FACE] Any news by someone?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 10 utilizzando Tapatalk
(2016-04-29, 23:24)Luke.Siren Wrote: 16.1 stable is out but the white and the following black screen of doom is always there... [PENSIVE FACE] Any news by someone?

Hi Luke, I tried on some different PC.. in one I have a configuration with Win7 32bit, I have black screen problem here, but if I put fullscreen mode on.. I didn't have that.
On another PC with Win8.1 and another kind on hw.. I did not have any problem also with fullscreen mode offHuh
I have changed the skin of Aeon Nox to Conflouence. Now the problem with the " black screen " at startup is solved..

it looks as an issue on the skin.
Sorry for my bad english.

Win 7 x64
Kodi 16.1

Epic2k
Delete
(2016-05-19, 17:27)Epic Wrote: I have changed the skin of Aeon Nox to Conflouence. Now the problem with the " black screen " at startup is solved..

it looks as an issue on the skin.
Sorry for my bad english.

Win 7 x64
Kodi 16.1

Epic2k
We all use confluence and the black screen problem is still present... :dodgy:
I noticed I posted at the start of this thread ages ago, you need a DX11 compatible card for Jarvis if you have this the latest NVidia drivers should have you working now I haven't had that issue in a long time.
(2016-05-20, 22:26)Derek Wrote: I noticed I posted at the start of this thread ages ago, you need a DX11 compatible card for Jarvis if you have this the latest NVidia drivers should have you working now I haven't had that issue in a long time.
Intel hd 4000 is dx 11 compatible but it's not working... Drivers are updated to the latest version. Is it possible that such a common gpu and not so old could have this kind of problem?

yeah if you have an intel card consider a cheap NVidia card like a 750ti works great with kodi can even do 4k even if its on the lower end side.
(2016-05-20, 22:41)Derek Wrote: yeah if you have an intel card consider a cheap NVidia card like a 750ti works great with kodi can even do 4k even if its on the lower end side.
No, I can't consider an addon card because I have an asus vivo pc... Confused

You're probably stuck with Isengard in that case, at least on that device.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Oh sorry bud, lesson is always buy something upgradable I have mates sticking that 750ti in there tiny media boxes as they don't even need external power or beefed up PSU's, NVidia released a real gem for the std user looking for some raw gfx power. Sorry it cant help you bud.
I think here we are talking about a media player program . KODI is a great media player, wonderfully done,
But is also famous for run on any kind of deceive and also on cheap hardware ( example android and raspberry)
We are not talking about last videogame that need last hardware..
I have try many configuration hw and sw for run Jarvis, and it is not clear for me what really do the difference yet, we are all kind of geek here, but it is not mean that we can spend a lot of time for have a media player running well, or spend money for that.
I love KODI, but for me primary purpose should be run on a very good range of devices. I prefer that instead have new directX support or other "finest" things.

This is also my opinion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16.0 problems black screen1