Movie Tags
Hello Folks,

I use iTunes to organize my videos and music that I then ftp to my KODI pi. I would like for Aeon to see the directors tag when I select movies/director, but the results are empty. Is there a specific directory I need to place the movies in or some setting that tells Aeon to that the files are there?

Thanks in advance.

-rp
(2016-03-28, 22:17)drinkingwine Wrote: Hello Folks,

I use iTunes to organize my videos and music that I then ftp to my KODI pi. I would like for Aeon to see the directors tag when I select movies/director, but the results are empty. Is there a specific directory I need to place the movies in or some setting that tells Aeon to that the files are there?

Thanks in advance.

-rp

Will this help?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlist
A smart playlist might work, but the problem is that movies tagged in iTunes (IE director=bugs bunny) are not being seen under the skin heading of movie/director.
(2016-04-01, 14:18)drinkingwine Wrote: A smart playlist might work, but the problem is that movies tagged in iTunes (IE director=bugs bunny) are not being seen under the skin heading of movie/director.

iTunes tags do not get carried over to Kodi, you have to scrape your movies using one of the available scrapers, or, as it appears in your case, you need to create an NFO file for the movie that has the custom values you have assigned to things like Director. Then you can use the "Local Information Only" scraper in Kodi to scrape your movies. Please Google Kodi NFO files so that you can see what the structure of the file needs to be.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the information Bart. Seems to me that there should be some kind of app that can read the tags from the iTunes file and create an NFO file. Do you know of such a beast. What I have are a bunch of song lyric videos that I use for my music therapy sessions. I was hoping to use iTunes to tag them by artist name and have the show up as movies where the artist name was simple searchable with kodi. I really don't want to take the time to build 400+ NFO files if I can help it.

tanks...

-rp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Tags0