Please save me days of reading.
OK, so I'm trying to make my first build using the Artic Zepher Braz skin. Until today I did not know there was different variations.
I was running into some problems like not being able to change the transparency of colors, and Names of Menu items not showing up in the main menu when there were showing up in the appearance tab.

From what I have gleaned there are multiple variations of this skin. I have read 90% of the thread on the Ashes version, and they are talking about the color picker and something in the Skinz shortcuts and Script helper zip file that need to be changed to give the option for the color picker.

My question is can I use that for fixing the Braz edition? What is different in these versions? Is one better then the other (I know this can be a matter of opinion) but your input can help.

Can anyone tell me why if I type in "Movies" in the appearance menu to show up on the main menu it shows there, but when going to the main menu "Movie" does not show?

Please help a Newb keep his sanity.
just as a note your now asking the same question in multiple threads which will get confusing...and if your using the brad mod then you should be posting in that thread !

the colour picker and opacity options are features of the brad mod so you should see them.

wrt to Movies not showing on your main menu then you need to make sure you have assigned an action that exists in your setup

i assume from your other posts you were referring to videos of MissTech157....watch them again carefully Smile
Pusb87,

Thanks for your response. Yes I did post in both as this thread seems more active and thought I could get some help here as well in my question about the difference between the two skins\builds.

Yes you are correct in the vid I'm referring two. I watched them several times, and no I do not have the same color picker. I just installed in on Win7
I have been using it on Android for about a month. I checked both and the color picker is the same (no opacity option) I asked her in her you tube but she has not reponded. Also the reason I posted it here as I read some of the posts in this thread and saw something about running a script to get those options in the skin.

I'm new to this and trying to get info anywhere I can. I just uninstalled KODI on my Win 7, and reinstalled fresh again. Just got all programs and vid addons installed. Tomorrow I will reinstall the skin along with the other two files and see if it is there. My problem is when I get my teeth into something, I cannot stop thinking about it, and why it is not working. I will probably not be able to sleep tonight, so I may just be up all night AGAIN trying to figure it out. LOL It is a flaw in my personality. LOL I can't let it go.

As for the Video not showing up. I have no clue why as it is a clean install. As for her video I don't think it was from a clean install as there were things already on there when she starts part one. When she talks about adding her favorites because she has it synced with something (I could not tell because of her accent). Grrrrrr. I have not been able to find a step by step vid on how to set up from scratch, so far her's is the closest though.
not sure why you don't see the opacity tool if you are definitely using the braz mod but you do need to install the two other scripts first.... and check his notes below

*Compatible with Kodi 16 Jarvis only. If you try to run it on Isengard you will find some windows missing. Recommend installing Arctic Zephyr from the repo first, then manually unzipping this mod to your addons folder.

The new widgets require the latest versions of script.skinshortcuts and script.skin.helper.service. Available on github until they are accepted in the Kodi repo.

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...er.service

Source: https://github.com/braz96/skin.arctic.zephyr.braz

wrt to your movies check out this http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
Pusb87,

Thank you so much for responding to my plee for help. So last night I uninstalled Kodi completly from my system. Reinstalled clean, and added all my programV, Pictures, Programs, Settings, Power),

Mine on a fresh install in the MAIN Menu shows (Videos, Music, Live TV, Pictures, Programs, Settings, Power)

If I go into the APPEARENCE menu I have (Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Music, Live TV, Pictures, Programs, Settings, Power)
I don't know why, but it kept my menu editing from the previous install, I uninstalled, Removed the KODI folder in the Roaming, App Data, as well to make sure nothing was there from before. Rebooted. Even ran a defrag just because I hate clutter LOL. Is there somewhere it keeps the settings from before that you know of.

Anyway Im going to read your link on wiki about sources.

Thanks again so much for your time and help. Anything else you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Please hold my hand through this. LOL

Peace
Artic Zephyr uses the Skin Shortcuts script to manage the main menu, and the items that will appear in the main menu are kept in userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts.

The script automatic adds visibility conditions to a number of menu items. For example, a link a library node that has Movies as its content, will only show if you have Movies in your library. Docs on the auto-visibility conditions.
Bob, and Pusb87

Something I just noticed when watching that vid. When she set it up to begin with she mentions to add movies and shows to her favorites.

I don't have any prior network favorites. As I had no prior build on this laptop running Win 7.

I will take some time and read these link you two have so graciously provided.

Thanks again for your help.
(2016-03-30, 20:53)Zildjian85 Wrote: Bob, and Pusb87

Something I just noticed when watching that vid. When she set it up to begin with she mentions to add movies and shows to her favorites.

I don't have any prior network favorites. As I had no prior build on this laptop running Win 7.

I will take some time and read these link you two have so graciously provided.

Thanks again for your help.

she had already created her movie and tv show libraries and then simply added them to her favourites. To see Movies and TV Shows from your local /NAS drive you need to create them first as described in the wiki link i provided...it will all fall into place eventually !!
I was able to add all the name to the Main Menu, and all seem to work, but the way I did it, it seems when I click on Movies, TV Shows, etc.. they all bring up all my Vid Addons, but at least they are all showing up, and seem to function when clicking on them (They need to be cleaned up).

When fishing through MissTech vids some more I came across another 8 part tutorial on making a build. In that she used a program called "Categories". Everything seemed real easy to add in there. I checked Wiki and it seems to work in Jarvis.

Now I'm just wondering should I install this and use it, as it seems pretty straight forward, but when looking into Zepher options it shows sub categories etc... already there. (She was using the NOX skin) So don't know if she needed it for that skin because the option was not there by default, or just an added convenience. Should I install Categories or will this skin do the same thing maybe just not as straight forward as this Categories seems to be.

What I am trying to accomplish is have like a Movies, with subs pointing to the add ons I watch movies from, Same with Live TV, TV Series.
Then when clicking on the main group it will bring up all the movie add ons as a whole.

It is coming along slowly but it's coming along. I think once I get that sorted the rest will be a breeze in the setup.
Ok, I got it all dialed in as far as the way I want it to look except for one thing that I can't figure out.

Previously when scrolling across the MAIN menu at the different installed options it just had like a colored underscore under the word.

Now it is a highlight box OVER the word. I cannot figure out how to change this to where it is just a colored bar underscore under the word.

Anyone with an idea as to why or how to change this. I tried to play with the transparency but this is not changing anything.

Other the this I'm pretty happy on the way it turned out.
(2016-03-31, 04:08)Zildjian85 Wrote: Ok, I got it all dialed in as far as the way I want it to look except for one thing that I can't figure out.

Previously when scrolling across the MAIN menu at the different installed options it just had like a colored underscore under the word.

Now it is a highlight box OVER the word. I cannot figure out how to change this to where it is just a colored bar underscore under the word.

Anyone with an idea as to why or how to change this. I tried to play with the transparency but this is not changing anything.

Other the this I'm pretty happy on the way it turned out.
Sounds like you're confusing the mods with the original. The original skin has a line under the focused main menu item, the braz mod has a box behind the menu label. If you want the underline you have to go back to the original skin.
(2016-03-31, 07:03)braz Wrote: Sounds like you're confusing the mods with the original. The original skin has a line under the focused main menu item, the braz mod has a box behind the menu label. If you want the underline you have to go back to the original skin.

Indeed it does sound like he is confusing the two mods with the original. However, From Ashes kept the underline on the main menu like Exploded did before it. I am just basing this off the screenshots but it doesn't seem your version kept the underline but rather just lights up the item you are on.

However, he's been all over the place so I'm not entirely certain what he is trying to accomplish. If it's color selection all three versions have it (the original, yours, and mine). All three however have different approaches.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Heh, Braz, and Guardian,

To be honest I said I was a Skinning Virgin, and pretty damm new to all that is KODI.
I have run three builds since I discovered KODI, Please disregard what was here.
I did not know there was different one until after I undertook this journey. That's when I posted into the Ashes thread to ask what if any differences there were. However I now know from Braz's reply that I guess the original as I have been using that one on an Android box and his has the line underneath, hence my confusion as to why mine (Braz edition) does not. Then I saw a build tutorial with the color picker that had the ability to change the opacity of the color and mine did not. I got the color picker thing sorted.

So now I have two questions that I think Braz will be able to answer since Guardian I think stated she has only seen hers.
Is there any code or anything I can do to your edition to give me the underscore line underneath. I think that looks so much cleaner?
Second does the original have the ability to either change the opacity of the color in the color picker, and if not can I delete the shadow16b.png, and bg.jpg files to make the menu bar invisible like you can in your version?

I guess I want to be able to make the menu bar transparent so the words are like floating on the main menu, and the underscore instead of high lighted.

Thanks for your response and clearing things up for me a bit. Smile I like my build are a work in progress. LOL
(2016-03-30, 06:44)pusb87 Wrote: just as a note your now asking the same question in multiple threads which will get confusing...and if your using the brad mod then you should be posting in that thread !

the colour picker and opacity options are features of the brad mod so you should see them.

wrt to Movies not showing on your main menu then you need to make sure you have assigned an action that exists in your setup

i assume from your other posts you were referring to videos of MissTech157....watch them again carefully Smile

I'm just curious, can you link to these videos?
(2016-03-31, 11:24)nooryani84 Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 06:44)pusb87 Wrote: just as a note your now asking the same question in multiple threads which will get confusing...and if your using the brad mod then you should be posting in that thread !

I'm just curious, can you link to these videos?

just type MissTech157 into google , and look at her youtube !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please save me days of reading.0