Android TUNER TNT DVB T august T202 and SHIELD
Hi,

I bought a tuner dvb t august to use with my shield and Kodi.

I read this one are compatible with android and the shield.

But i'm bad bad bad with PVR capability of kodi.

Someone can help me bye a tuto or something else to configure a USB tuner with KODI ?

I use Jarvis; I'm in France .

Thanks very very much for helping me.

If it's important, i also have a synology nas wich is compatible with the tuner... but how connect all this little world together... i'm looking for the most easy way to use the TNT TV.

thanks again.
Have you read over this yet?: http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR

Quote:Logically, the Live TV and PVR functions in Kodi uses a distributed application structure that is designed after the client–server model concept which consists of two parts, these two parts are also refereed to as frontend and backend:
The PVR backend (as the server side part), which communicates with a TV tuner adapter(s) to receive the Live TV signals and create a video or audio stream, and
The PVR client (as an addon for Kodi) - an Kodi addon which controls the presentation of that content via the Kodi GUI that acts as unified frontend and common interface for all connected PVR backends

You will need to pick and setup a backend that would use your TV tuner, and then Kodi can connect to it and watch the channels.

Someone might correct me, but i dont know of a way to directly utilize the TV tuner from Kodi without a backend application serving the data

Cheers!
Hi,
Yes I readed that but I'm disapointed with Android plate-forme. I see lot of with with Windows and openelec but nop with Android.

Also some People use the synology tu plug the usb tnt, after they use tvhead tu configure it. But after.... How to take the stream....

I'll arrive.... Yes I'll ?
I dont know of any Android based PVR. I use MythTV as my PVR backend on my NAS (home built one running Debian) and use Nvidia Shield with Android TV as my front end.

Once the backend is setup, you just need to install the PVR addon in Kodi for the backend you have, and configure it to talk to it

Cheers!
(2016-04-01, 15:11)wyild1 Wrote: I dont know of any Android based PVR. I use MythTV as my PVR backend on my NAS (home built one running Debian) and use Nvidia Shield with Android TV as my front end.

Once the backend is setup, you just need to install the PVR addon in Kodi for the backend you have, and configure it to talk to it

Cheers!

Ok ? so if i use dvblink or tvhead on my synology to configure the tuner I can use dvbviewer or tvhead to use live tv on kodi ?

Just like that ? I neither think about backend and frontend. I think I can do it.

Thanks for your answer very clear.

Ludo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TUNER TNT DVB T august T202 and SHIELD0