How to add support for favourites?
Hi.

Any thoughts on what "favourites" solution I should add to my skin (or skin-script?) And how?

I haven't really found anything.. Is it build-in?

I was thinking to simply have a text-list and dump dbids (and probably a wee bit of detail so I don't have to actually go through the db to show the list), but that solution is kind of bad because I would have to read this list everytime I show an item in detail, IF I want to indicate the is-in-favourites list.

So, what is THE way to do favourites?

Edit:there seeme to be some xml list. Tjat is probably the ""real" way to do it.

I plan to sort of simply show a hollow/filled star button to toggle it.
Also, my skin is not following any sorts of confluence (the default skin/windows) structure at all. So whatever buttons and stuff is harcoded into Kodi to support this "skin", I cannot and will not use. (unless I can do so transparently. Rant: Hardcoded stuff.. Gggrrrrr... )

Thanks,
So..

I ended up simply using the "rating" parameter as that seemed pretty unused anyways? And I can read/write to it.

plus: I can filter with ease and it shows in all kinds of lists as it's build into the db.
negative: Someone might use it for something else?

About the "rating" btw.. It acts a bit weird (with my limited vision anyways!)
It claims to be an int, but I cannot set it to 888, or even 88, but -88 is just fine. Not that I care really, just saying is all.
I might eventually need more than just a 0/1 toggle, and the bigger the number, the more different "tags" I can fake this way)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add support for favourites?0