OS X unmet dependencies
similar problem, resolved.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267107
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
But you really need your log, and it will be there.

Using the top menu in Finder, click Go, the select Go to Folder

type or paste in:

~/Library/Logs/

Click Go

Then there should be a kodi.log file.

Alternatively, open the Console app (click the spotlight icon and search for console) and there should be some kodi logs in the left hand col.

I had issues with Kodi not working after a recent update, with similar symptoms to yours. Turns out mine was related to the OS X update messing with my HomeBrew install of Python (specifically the SSL URL issue with 2.7)..... but as you are not a programmer, I highly doubt you would have installed your own Python.

Though it is not worth either of our time if you are not will going to persist with Kodi Smile

Have you tried Plex?

That is a little more user friendly, but as with any software, you will get problems and using the Log is usually the key to solving them.

Like others have said there are many sketchy "the only all in one install of Kodi you will ever need" that claim to be preconfigured. Avoid these completely, especially if you don't understand Kodi.

It is worth noting that "reinstalling" can be as simple as changing your userdata folder name so Kodi kicks off a new one.

Making sure Kodi is not running, use the finder / go / go to folder method as above, and paste

~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/

Now you can rename that Kodi folder to "_Kodi" and start Kodi again from the Applications folder.
I have the exact same problem (Unmet dependencies Etc.)
I have located my Kodi Log but I cannot find instructions to attach here
Malibujohn
(Update)
I have eliminated all traces of Kodi & initiated a fresh download from this site. I did solve the problem myself but thanks to those of you who may have been in the process of solving my problem.
John
i am having the same problem. i can not access kodi to open anything to fix it. PLEASE HELP!!!
I'm having the same problem with mine on Mac. The pop-ups happens as soon as I open Kodi. I cannot access any of the main menu items such as a system settings because of the pop-ups. It was working perfectly fine last night.

I've re-installed a few times and same issue. Please help.
When I pull up my Kodi Log the error is shows is

ERROR: SQL: (Addons20.db) The Database disk image is malformed.

I have gone through all the other options of forums and links within here and deleted all my previous addons, the only pop up box I am receiving now is the Version Check one which I am pretty sure I deleted as I cannot find it within my add on folder.

How would I go about fixing this.
Nvm, I was able to find the addonsxx.db deleted all in that folder and was able to reboot Kodi with no pop up issues. Just have to redo all my addons.

For those who want to know what I did, I went to ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/ removed all of the files under database folder, as well as went to ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons and deleted all of my addons to stop the pop ups, once I did those things Kodi updated upon opening as a brand new system and no more problem. Smile
sarcastichumour- How do you do this with all the pop ups? Are these steps on your mac or within kodi? Sorry I know nothing about computers.
I was able to get the log from the library. Would someone be able to look at it and let me know if you can help?

http://pastebin.com/CGr3MRaz
You've pasted the link to PasteBin, not the log itself. There's no log there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-04-03, 16:58)Walt74 Wrote: The log files are stored in Users/<username>/Library/Logs/kodi.log

You can use the website http://pastebin.com to upload the log. Paste the link back into this topic and we can try to help you.

I need help with this as well. I tried uploading the Kodi Log Uploader, but an error said Could not connect to repository.
Help! :-(
Users/DestinyColeman/Library/Logs/kodi.log

Can anyone offer any assistance? I am looking everywhere for an answer, but I'm not versed in coding and such. Please help.

I found this from the bug tracker tab at the top, /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/*.plist and also put it in Finder for my Mac but nothing came up so I don't think it's on my laptop.
mac users eh Smile seriously though its really easy all you need is textedit and small brain power its really not hard

I'm prob wrong but I think theres nasty little addons installed in here.
(2016-06-16, 12:04)Derek Wrote: mac users eh Smile seriously though its really easy all you need is textedit and small brain power its really not hard

I'm prob wrong but I think theres nasty little addons installed in here.

Is there any way you could offer up some assistance?
(2016-06-17, 08:38)deedeac Wrote: Is there any way you could offer up some assistance?

2300481 (post)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unmet dependencies1