Network Share from Windows 10 Machine
Hi,
I am having real difficulty getting Kodi to see any network drives.

In the Network option in Windows 10 I can see Kodi (localhost) as a media device. However no matter which way I try I cannot get the Kodi to access the network shares. I have tried connecting via SMB using the IP address and the network name I have also tried browsing for the network but nothing seems to be working. Any help would be very much appreciated as I am currently tearing my hair out in frustration.

tgv
Try pointing KODI to the Server where your media files are (you should be on the same network) using SMB.
Then provide KODI w/ the Server name and psswd. This is how I'm accessing mine in house and it's working flawlessly.
Thats exactly the problem. I cannot see the server via Kodi regardless of if I try to access it via browsing or directly with the IP address
Are you on the same Network, did you enable sharing on your Server?
So this is where I am at with the set up of network shares. I have Kodi running on an Android box and on a Windows 10 PC. I have set up some shared drives under windows 10 on another machine. On the windows version of kodi I can access the shared drives with no problems via SMB. On the android version of kodi I constantly get either a timeout error if I browse for the shares or the username/password combination rejects if I manually enter the details

Additional note: When I browse via Windows Kodi I can only see Istwebdesign which is the name of the computer hosting the shared drives. When I browse via Android Kodi I can only see ISTWD_WG which is the name of the workgroup
Bit of progress made on this. I find it i enter the server name via ip address and append port 445 to the end i can connect as administrator and see the directory structure. However if i try to access a folder i get the error message 'Invalid Argument'
I know I keep answering my own posts but hopefully this will assist someone encountering the same problem. You may not need to take all of these steps, this is just what worked for me.

From the PC that is hosting the drives/folders you wish to share activate the administrator account

net user administrator /active:yes

then set a password for it

net user administrator *

From Kodi:
File Manager
Add Source
Browse
Add network location ...
Protocol: Windows Network (SMB)
Server name: [ENTER THE IP ADDRESS OF YOUR HOST MACHINE] followed by :445 (this is the port kodi needs to see) (i.e. 192.168.0.1:445)
Username: administrator (case sensitive)
Password: [THE PASSWORD YOU SET]

Now you may be lucky and be able to access the folders immediately, more than likely you will need to make a change to a registry file

Launch REGEDIT
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

**If it doesn't exist already create a new DWORD enter titled IRPStackSize select a decimal value of 18
Launch SERVICES
Locate the server service and restart it
From kodi try to access the folders in the share if it doesn't work return to ** above and increase the decimal value by 3 (each time you make a change you will need to restart the server service. (For info I found success with a decimal value of 30)

Hopefully everything should now be working

Hope this helps someone
Thanks for posting this, it's not yet working for me but I think the info here is very clear and useful. Just got a tv box yesterday and cannot get to see one of my PCs where I have the network share with all my videos. I think I have an issue with the Workgroup, but seem not to be able to delete and create it again.
Users could try a test version of SPMC 16.6.0, that includes a new Zeroconf API that worked well for me with SMB (use Zeroconf):

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases/....5.80-spmc

Do not open new topic will write here. I have a similar problem in Windows 10.Share 1 folder that there are 10 subfolders. When I reboot the computer show all 10 folders but after 4-5 minutes show only 5 folders.
I did this with regedit but no effect. When I was with Windows 7 had no such problem.
thank you very much thegoldenvision! this helped a lot!
Thank you! Smile

Worked for me, I think not all of my folders are shared correctly, but, this worked

Cant thank you enough

JJ
Check out the Kodi Wiki for a resolution on windows 10 shared folder: https://kodi.wiki/view/SMB/Windows#Windows_10
Does anyone know how to share Windows 10 folders with Kodi now that Windows 10 has gotten rid of the homegroup? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...up-removed
Install an FTP server like FileZilla and access the files on your computer (any operating system) via FTP.
This method works very well for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network Share from Windows 10 Machine0