Bug Text not rendering
Bug 
After my Android HTPC automatically updated Kodi to verison 16, Kodi would no longer render text (at least in the menus, I couldn't get very far to test other places).

I was using a 4K setup so I tried going back down to 1920x1080 but that didn't make much difference.

I then tried installing version 16.1 RC 2 from kodi.tv and at first the main menu was rendering text ok but in any of the sub menus it wasn't displaying correctly.

All it shows are little squares like in the pictures.
Here is the debug log.

The first thing I noticed is that Kodi thinks the resolution is 1920x1080 (which matches the screenshot image size) but both my TV and Android say 4096x2160.

It also logs really odd things about the refresh rate, at first it can't find any, then it says it is 1920x1080 @ 60.00 then it switches to 1920 x 1080 @ 11.000000 (both the TV and Android are 60Hz).

There are a whole bunch of ERROR and FATAL entries related to EGL but nothing that was obvious to me.

There were a couple other threads for Windows relating to updating graphics drivers but my Android HTPC has had the same Android version (5.1.1), Kernel version and firmware that it came with. It is a CSA90 rk3368.

Let me know if I need to provide any more information. It's currently my only device that plays 1080p H.265, everything else lags. Such a shame as it was working pretty well before.

Cheers.
I'm afraid Rockchip is not supported here
(2016-04-04, 12:21)giaur Wrote: I'm afraid Rockchip is not supported here

The lack of support for a few features (passthrough) is not the same as a chipset not being supported at all. Please don't spread FUD.
See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=260750
Providing logs make miracles...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Text not rendering0