How to effectively stop Kodi for searching a stream?
(2016-04-04, 23:29)OTinley Wrote: banned add-ons (wiki).
My assumption from post #2 on this thread was proven.

Mod, feel free to bin this.

I don't see Earthcam on the list of banned add-ons. The addon only links to public live cams around the world...
The repo hosting the add-on is banned.
That is why you edited your post providing the link for download.
Good bye
Here is a fork on github free from the "banned" repo:

https://github.com/idleloop-github/xbmc-earthcam

You can download and install it from a zip file.
(2016-04-04, 23:34)OTinley Wrote: Good bye

Wow

1-I understand that non legitimate use of kodi are not welcome on the official forum.

2-Earthcam itself do nothing illegal

3-The source code is free and open source (GPL) and you can install it without using the "banned repo"

4-This was just one example of the issue describes in the thread. If this example is unacceptable, I'm still willing to find a other perfectly legit example.
CaptainHarlock,

I am sorry, I can understand the issue but from the 2nd post on this thread, you have been asked to provide a stream generating the reported problem from a non banned add-on/repo that is supported. (such as most add-ons on this site)

To address your points:

1- Good because you acted like you did not get that point.

2- Irrelevant - The logo on it is XBMCHUB which is not to be discussed here because it is banned, it has not been updated in 2 years. (So much for support)

3- same as #2.

4- By all means, do it.
(2016-04-05, 00:30)OTinley Wrote: CaptainHarlock,

4- By all means, do it.

I will tomorrow and post the example here. I'm out of time for this today.

AFAIK this "banned repo" distribute a mixed of both legitimate and non legitimate add-ons. It was not obvious at first to know if this addon was being censored or not here. Even you just figure this out only after you tried to install it.

To be honest, I find it extreme to ban discussion of some legal addon just because they are not distribute by a approved repo. However, I will respect that and find a example with a other legal addon that is available on the official repo.
(2016-04-05, 01:13)CaptainHarlock Wrote: To be honest, I find it extreme to ban discussion of some legal addon just because they are not distribute by a approved repo. However, I will respect that and find a example with a other legal addon that is available on the official repo.
If the add-on itself doesn't break the rules and the repo it's from isn't installed* then - as far as I understand it - there shouldn't be an issue.

Whether it's a good example to pick for your log is a different question.

*sneaky log edits aside.
Quote:However, I will respect that and find a example with a other legal addon that is available on the official repo.
Thank you. Nothing else was ever asked of you.
(2016-04-05, 01:24)OTinley Wrote: No gray area here, banned is banned, no room for discussion. Rules are rules.
Remember you have agreed to them when signing on to this site.
Maybe a mod could stick his oar in here, because as far as I'm concerned there are plenty of grey areas.
(2016-04-05, 01:26)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 01:24)OTinley Wrote: No gray area here, banned is banned, no room for discussion. Rules are rules.
Maybe a mod could stick his oar in here, because as far as I'm concerned there are plenty of grey areas.
I was hoping for one in truth.
This is also why I edited out the section you pointed out.
Believe me, I had no intention of spending 4 hours on this thread.
Will learn from this.
There's been discussion about this before - not everything in banned repos is necessarily 'bad' (in terms of this forum's rules). I thought the view taken was that generally if a repo isn't installed and the addon's okay then there isn't a problem. It's not always black and white.

Anyway the point is moot, as the op's log is missing a chunk that - if you were of a suspicious mind - would suggest what else is installed.
Nice clean log / official addon showing the problem ----> happy bunnies.
(2016-04-05, 01:37)trogggy Wrote: Nice clean log / official addon showing the problem ----> happy bunnies.
Indeed, no grey area there.
Thanks
(2016-04-05, 01:42)OTinley Wrote: Indeed, no grey area there.
Thanks
Please don't think I was having a go at you here. I don't care what anyone has on their machine, and if the rules were different it wouldn't bother me. But they are what they are - if you want help here you should flipping well follow them.
(2016-04-05, 01:37)trogggy Wrote: There's been discussion about this before - not everything in banned repos is necessarily 'bad' (in terms of this forum's rules). I thought the view taken was that generally if a repo isn't installed and the addon's okay then there isn't a problem. It's not always black and white.

Indeed. It's not because a file has been downloaded with the Bittorrent protocol that the file is illegal.

(2016-04-05, 01:37)trogggy Wrote: Anyway the point is moot, as the op's log is missing a chunk that - if you were of a suspicious mind - would suggest what else is installed.
Nice clean log / official addon showing the problem ----> happy bunnies.

I paste only the logs that I thought were relevant to the current issue. I also didn't think that posting information about my username and HTPC's hostname would help find a solution. That's why I have replaced them with something else.
(2016-04-05, 01:31)OTinley Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 01:26)trogggy Wrote:
I was hoping for one in truth.
This is also why I edited out the section you pointed out.
Believe me, I had no intention of spending 4 hours on this thread.
Will learn from this.

4 hours??

and seriously, what will you learn from this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to effectively stop Kodi for searching a stream?0