Krypton nightly - no apple remote support as yet ?
Hi,

I had a quick look at Krypton today - it looks fantastic.

I did notice that the apple remote does not work (at all). I am assuming this is just on the todo list ..

For what it is worth here is a debug log

Steps:
Enable debug
Restart Kodi
Try apple remote (2 different ones that work in 16rc2)
Use keyboard to upload log (in kodi

if it should work then any advice of what to try or the best sort of debug I should post would be great.

I tried this version (today) - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/osx/x86...x86_64.dmg

I tried restarting, kill the helper, cycled the remote type, tried manually starting kodi at login and "allow remote to start kodi" was unticked (as these have caused problems in the past).
Code:
15:39:28 T:140735220584448   ERROR: Error loading keymap: special://masterprofile/keymaps/appleremote-tweaks.xml, Line 45
                                            Error reading end tag.

from your log might be the cause?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks heaps. Sorry I missed that. I am away for a few days - when i get back I will remove the file and retest.

Strange as that xml works in 15.2 and 16rc2 without apple remote issues - the xml simply remaps the buttons to my preferences and has been used for quite a while
And has Syntax errors ... Wink

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
</Long time lurker>

Hello World,
First post...

Using "kodi-16.1-Jarvis_rc2-x86_64.dmg" and Krypton nightlies until "kodi-20160311-11912ea-master-x86_64.dmg", my Apple Remote and Remote Buddy (iOS) are ok!

AFTER the nightly "kodi-20160311-11912ea-master-x86_64.dmg", my Apple Remote and Remote Buddy (iOS) won't work at all. I have tried all of the nightlies after this version with the same result.

Here's a debug log from the version "kodi-20160408-a9cdf97-master-x86_64.dmg"

Greetings from Portugal,
rap01
I can confirm that apple remote support got broken by the new joystick addon system. (i just realised now that apple remote was implemented as joystick). Well it needs some time to get the know how to implement a proper joystick addon for it. You also realise that there is no appleremote.xml delivered in Kodi anymore because of that.

I have a quickly hacked approach here (sorry i don't have an apple remote anymore so i can only code in the blind Sad ):

Download this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30371861/XBMCHelper

Make sure Kodi and XBMCHelper are not running (kill XBMCHelper if needed via activity monitor). Place the downloaded XBMCHelper here:

/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/tools/darwin/runtime

After that restart the mac for being sure. From then on the AppleRemote keys are not handled as joystick anymore but as keyboard (so you need to adapt keyboard.xml for your prefered behavior).

Let me know if this is a suitable approach in the meantime.
Memphiz,

Followed your instructions (and added a chmod 755) .. and they worked a treat. Thanks as usual for your efforts.

Assuming you have an IR capable machine - I would be very happy to arrange a new silver apple remote for you - PM if this would help.
(2016-04-10, 12:13)Memphiz Wrote: (...) From then on the AppleRemote keys are not handled as joystick anymore but as keyboard (so you need to adapt keyboard.xml for your prefered behavior).

Let me know if this is a suitable approach in the meantime.

Memphis,

Followed your instructions until this step, but I don't know how to adapt keyboard.xml. Can you give me a tip?

Thanks in Advance,
rap01
(2016-04-10, 13:10)Gigantur Wrote: (...) (and added a chmod 755) .. and they worked a treat. (...)

Gigantur,

Great!
I see light at the end of the tunnel... Can you please send me by email a copy of your adapted "keyboard.xml".

Thanks in Advance,
rap01
rap01,

It worked without any special keyboard.xml - do you have at least basic navigation using the apple remote in krypton after following the instructions to the letter ??

When i get time over the next few days i will attempt to make a keymap which sets the apple remote up more intuitively (imho) using the new key codes (Memphiz - presumably these will be constant between systems?)
(2016-04-11, 13:24)Gigantur Wrote: rap01,

It worked without any special keyboard.xml - do you have at least basic navigation using the apple remote in krypton after following the instructions to the letter ??
(...)

No. No basic navigation, nothing.
(2016-04-11, 14:05)rap01 Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 13:24)Gigantur Wrote: rap01,

(...)

No. No basic navigation, nothing.

Did you replace the helper file and do the chmod ?

One easy approach is to:

1) choose "go to folder" (command shift g) and enter /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/tools/darwin/runtime
(assuming you have a Kodi in Applications)
2) now drag in/replace the old helper with the new helper you downloaded above
3) now open a terminal window and type "chmod 755 " and drag the new helper (from the folder you opened) - hit enter
I am trying a basic keymap now to alter the default apple remote actions (this is only relevant to the helper version in this thread when used with krypton). Below is my simple test case of mapping the menu button in fullscreen video to STOP (which I greatly prefer).

I read the docs here which say to find the key code in debug.

The key code for the menu button shows as

DEBUG: OnKey: menu (0xf0d8) pressed, action is ContextMenu

I converted this to 216 decimal (and tried 61656) as part of the following keymap:

Code:
<keymap>
    <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
            <key id=“216”>Stop</key>
        </keyboard>
    </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

I get the following error in the debug:

22:58:47 T:140735193096192 INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/appleremote-tweaks-krypton.xml
22:58:47 T:140735193096192 DEBUG: TranslateKeyboardButton - invalid key id ▒~@~\216▒~@~]
22:58:47 T:140735193096192 INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/appleremote-tweaks-krypton.xml
22:58:47 T:140735193096192 DEBUG: TranslateKeyboardButton - invalid key id ▒~@~\216▒~@~]

Any help much appreciated ..
(2016-04-11, 13:24)Gigantur Wrote: Did you replace the helper file and do the chmod ?

One easy approach is to:

1) choose "go to folder" (command shift g) and enter /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/tools/darwin/runtime
3) now open a terminal window and type "chmod 755 " and drag the new helper (from the folder you opened) - hit enter

Yes, did all the steps in the right order.
Unfortunately, with the same negative results, ie, still without Apple remote on Krypton...

Thanks,
rap01
(2016-04-11, 18:50)rap01 Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 13:24)Gigantur Wrote: Did you replace the helper file and do the chmod ?

One easy approach is to:

Yes, did all the steps in the right order.
Unfortunately, with the same negative results, ie, still without Apple remote on Krypton...

Thanks,
rap01

Restarted ?
Make sure kodi is started manually
Make sure "start with remote is unticked"

If that fails then do an ls -lag of the runtime folder before and after and post that please

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton nightly - no apple remote support as yet ?0