Are there any cheap boxes that run Kodi
My friends Sumvision Cyclone has just gone faulty and I want to get the a new media player, preferably running Kodi.

If they were "streaming" I would set them up with a FireTV stick, but they need the option to play from a USB or Hard Drive.

Are there any cheap boxes which can be hacked to run Kodi? I was hoping the NowTV box in the UK would work, but I don't believe it's possible..

Any ideas?

Jon
Pi and Nexus Player are the cheapest options. At least that I would buy, there might be others, but the support/popularity by manufacturer and by Kodi and its community is very important. Take that into consideration.

Topic covered a few times, take the time to search for those and finally, also read "Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2016)" sticky thread.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
In the UK - Raspberry Pi 3 would be my first recommendation for local replay (Pi 3 has WiFi built in for iPlayer-type catch up plug ins too, unlike previous versions).
Now a days, a lot of routers allow you to plug in an external USB hard drive. If they have that, you can use a fire stick.

Idok Fire

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are there any cheap boxes that run Kodi0