v16 Playback Issue - Screen turns off and on repeatedly
Hey folks,

i've got an annoying issue in my Kodi 16 installation.
During Video Playback my TV screen is turning off for one or two seconds infrequently.
Sound is still playing, when screen turns back on it can be ok for a while or repeat immediately or after a few seconds to minutes.
Now it has become even worse, kodi is now still playing but when the screen turns off also the Sound stops. Sometimes the entire system freezes, that I need to press ALT+F1 and CTRL+ALT+DEL to reboot.

I suspect the Display Driver to cause this issue, but I'm not sure. I checked a bunch of log files already but could not find a hint to the cause or solution.
Can you guide me to the right log file ?
Or does anyone have a possible solution for this before i have to reinstall it from scratch to (hopefully) sort this out?

Greetings Dennis
Hi Dennis,

You should pastebin the log and let maybe a dev look into it. I won't doubt that you didn't find anything useful.. but maybe you don't know what to look for and/or you overlooked something. So please get us a full Debug Log after this happens
Hi David,

thanks for your reply.
It took me a while to reproduce this issue since it happens infrequently Big Grin

But this morning i watched one episode Big bang Theory and it happened.
This is the kodi.log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/15824182/

THe stream is in HD (full hd) in mkv format and opened via SMB.

Hope this helps.

Greetings Dennis

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback Issue - Screen turns off and on repeatedly0