v16 PVR Search broken?
I am looking at the PVR search function. (I am on Win 7 Kodi 16.0 and PVR WMC client.) It works in Kodi 15.1 but in 16.0 when I open the window (tvsearch) / MyPVRSearch.xml all I see is this:

There is a single entry "Lexar" which I have no idea where it comes from, and there is no "Search..." like there is in Kodi 15.1. Tried Kodi 17 0401 win32 build same results. Debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/padnr5jyc

I do notice that if I open the EPG window and open the context menu on an EPG entry, then select "Find similar" it will open the tvsearch dialog, this time with "Search..." as the first entry, and still just the single result "Lexar". But at least I can select the "Search..." entry and that opens the pvrguidesearch dialog and then if select "Search" from there (button 26) I get the actual search results shown in tvsearch window (still with that "Lexar" entry).

I also notice that for any of the entries, there isn't any way to jump to that in the EPG timeline view and the only Record option seems to be "record one time(guide)". No way to turn it into a series recording from the timers window either. So the search function seems kind of marginally useful if a user wants to create a series recording (guide or wishlist) without having to scroll through the whole EPG looking for the next entry (then you can use context menu to get to the series recording timers).

Any ideas?

update:

I realized I had a "Lexar" jump/flash drive in a USB slot so I removed it, after which tvsearch now works. Seems like a bug. It hen inserted a Sandisk flash drive into the same slot and couldn't repeat the problem. I put the Lexar flash back in and again the problem returned. I note that the "Sandisk" flash drive doesn't have a volume name in windows, while the Lexar volume does have the name "Lexar" so that may be a factor.

scott s.
I could confirm this and created this fix: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9601
(2016-04-10, 21:36)FernetMenta Wrote: I could confirm this and created this fix: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9601

16.1 - fix epg search NOT WORK (Ubuntu)

HOW FIX Huh?
there is no fix for 16.x. it is fixed in v17
(2016-05-10, 16:09)FernetMenta Wrote: there is no fix for 16.x. it is fixed in v17

Theme >>> [Kodi 16 Jarvis] PVR Search broken?

HuhHuh?

need fix for 16.1

The error is present
Ubuntu 14.04.4 + Ubuntu 16.4 + ArchLinux + Windows 10 + OpenELEC 7.0 (all x64)

screenshot1

Video, Storage .... - folders mounted drive from /media
Button Search .... Huh??
What part of there is no fix for v16 did you not understand? It has been fixed in the next version so upgrade to it to test or wait for the final version to come out

Sent from my D6603
(2016-05-10, 21:00)wyild1 Wrote: What part of there is no fix for v16 did you not understand? It has been fixed in the next version so upgrade to it to test or wait for the final version to come out

Sent from my D6603

Errors present !!!!!
how fix in 16.1 Huh?

This errors present in 17alpha2 (build May 04 2016)

screenshot1
screenshot2

Button Search - NO
folders mounted drive from /media
Before you get too mad at him, there's obviously a language barrier here.
(2016-05-10, 16:09)FernetMenta Wrote: there is no fix for 16.x. it is fixed in v17
Thanks FernetMenta, this has annoyed the crap out of me for a while now. All working when backported to Kodi 16.1 as well Smile

Good news for some people. LibreELEC is including this in their next release 7.0.1, and OSMC and SPMC are looking into it as well. MrMC seems uneffected by the bug.

EDIT: MrMC did have the bug, but they have already fixed it.
Can anyone confirm this is working in LibreELEC 7.0.1? I have it installed on a RPi2 and it doesn't seem to be working. I'm thinking I must have done something wrong as there is even a line in the release notes "Fix for an EPG search issue (backported from Krypton)".
Hello all,

compiling the change from FernetMenta into Kodi 16.1 doesn't fix it for me.
wrxtasy, you already confirmed a working backport. So I must do something wrong.

I have a complete build environment for OE 6.95.3 with Kodi 16.1 including some Addons.
OE 6.95.3 builds and works. Then I tried to do the following:
Code:
rm -r  build.OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.95.3\kodi-c1c4b9e
PROJECT=WeTek_Play ARCH=arm ./scripts/unpack kodi
change GUIWindowPVRSearch.cpp
PROJECT=WeTek_Play ARCH=arm make image

There is a new kodi.bin and also a new target/OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.95.3.tar.
I updated my WeTek Play running OE 6.95.3 by placing the .tar into the update folder.
The update takes place as usual. I see the new kodi.bin in /usr/lib/kodi.
So I am pretty sure that all this worked.

The behavior of the EPG search is the same as before and described by scott967 above.

My change to kodi-c1c4b9e\xbmc\pvr\windows\GUIWindowPVRSearch.cpp:
Code:
--- GUIWindowPVRSearch_orig.cpp    2016-04-17 14:05:15.000000000 +0200
+++ GUIWindowPVRSearch.cpp    2016-12-03 13:46:14.528966560 +0100
@@ -159,6 +159,7 @@

bAddSpecialSearchItem = true;

+    items.Clear();
     CGUIDialogProgress* dlgProgress = (CGUIDialogProgress*)g_windowManager.GetWindow(WINDOW_DIALOG_PROGRESS);
     if (dlgProgress)
     {

I would be glad if anybody could tell me what I am missing...
Or is there another workaround? Perhaps removing the name from the USB device.

Thanks,
Zweikeks
Hello,

meanwhile I tried LE 7.0.2. The code of the EPG search fix is included (additional line "items.Clear();").
But still the behavior remains the same. Instead of the entry "Search..." there is a single entry with the name of the attached USB device.

scott967 already posted the workaround:
Instead of selecting "search" in the left pane, select "Find similar" in the context menu of an EPG entry.

sbthomas had the same problem with LE 7.0.1. So at least the fix seems not to work in all cases.
Anybody else with the problem?

I try to attach a debugger. But as long as this is only my problem... I can live with the workaround.

Ciao,
Zweikeks
(2016-12-04, 15:37)Zweikeks Wrote: Hello,

meanwhile I tried LE 7.0.2. The code of the EPG search fix is included (additional line "items.Clear();").
But still the behavior remains the same. Instead of the entry "Search..." there is a single entry with the name of the attached USB device.

scott967 already posted the workaround:
Instead of selecting "search" in the left pane, select "Find similar" in the context menu of an EPG entry.

sbthomas had the same problem with LE 7.0.1. So at least the fix seems not to work in all cases.
Anybody else with the problem?

I try to attach a debugger. But as long as this is only my problem... I can live with the workaround.

Ciao,
Zweikeks

I also have the exact same problem with LibreELEC 7.0.2. I was just about to make my own build with the fix but since you did that and it still doesn't work, I won't waste my time rebuilding with just that fix.

(2016-05-11, 11:15)wrxtasy Wrote:
Thanks FernetMenta, this has annoyed the crap out of me for a while now. All working when backported to Kodi 16.1 as well Smile

How exactly did you "backport" to Kodi 16.1? Seems like Zweikeks and I need to do whatever you did (wrxtasy). Did you copy the entire GUIWindowPVRSearch.cpp to Kodi 16.1 source code and then re-build? Or did you make a custom patch to do this? Any help is appreciated.
@pajtaz: Good to know someone else is trying to solve it.

I had a look at it with a debugger. I have the impression that FernetMenta and wrxtasy are talking about a different bug. The additional items.Clear() in GUIWindowPVRSearch.cpp does not fix what scott967 describes.

I currently believe:
  • CGUIWindowPVRSearch is derived from CGUIMediaWindow
  • CGUIMediaWindow usually displays file lists, for example in the video and music menues
  • when a USB device is attached the file lists gets populated with an additional entry, the name of the USB device (e.g. Lexar), like a folder, so that you can browse into it
  • CGUIWindowPVRSearch overloads OnPrepareFileItems() to introduce the "Search..." you can click on like a button as a special entry at the top of the file list
  • the latter is done only if the file list is empty, but it's not if there is already the USB device in it

I think the "bool bAddSpecialSearchItem = items.IsEmpty();" followed by "if (bAddSpecialSearchItem) {}" in OnPrepareFileItems() is meant as "add the 'Search...' if it is not already there". So there is something more sophisticated needed at this point. Or better suppress other file system entries in the list. Perhaps something like clear the list the first time. In OnPrepareFileItems() or maybe better somewhere else in the involved classes. (Using CGUIMediaWindow and then work around its features in OnPrepareFileItems() seems like a bit of a hack to me.)

What is the hardware you are using? I have a WeTek Play which is a bit clumsy regarding debugging. Here are my hints how to get a modified Kodi on the WeTek Play without having to flash it:
http://openelec.tv/forum/87-vdr-addon/79...=15#156192
If you are interested I could write down again the exact steps you have to do for the current problem.

By chance I tried the latest and greatest LibreELEC 7.90.009 with Kodi 17.0 Beta 6 to see if the bug is still there. The GUI is completely turned upside down... The bug didn't show up - but instead I would have tons of more problems... So a fix for LE 7.0.2 with its Kod 16.1 would be only for the old systems. But I think its worth it. I'm a fan of getting the old, known and good stuff reliably running before introducing something new.

Ciao
Zweikeks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Search broken?0