VR headset support
May be a dumb question but is there any way to force a 2d movie to show as side by side for use in a VR headset. 3D movies in sbs format play just fine but 2d movies stay full screen while the interface is in sbs. I'd like to see the image mirrored in sbs for use in the headset. I understand the image will be flat and not in 3D but we're talking the difference of 5.5" screen to a virtual screens size comparable to a cinema experience.

Any info greatly appreciated, thanks.
Yes, I think under Settings -> System -> Video output, there is something. I've done this with my iPhone and Google Cardboard, and it actually works fairly good. Just needed to also calibrate the screen so I could see the full Kodi UI.
Yes that works for the UI and movies formatted for 3D however if you play a standard 2d movie it plays full screen while the UI stays in sbs.
It might not work with hardware acceleration on, then. I'll play around with it on my iPhone and see what I find out. I've been meaning to order Google Cardboard for myself. ;)
Hate to pop open an old thread but I'm trying to do the same thing. I'm using an older Galaxy S5 in my VR headset and can't get a 2d movie to play in a SBS format. I can get the UI to run SBS but as soon as the movie starts it disables SBS.

Anyone have another suggestion?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VR headset support0