Request: Plundered.org Browsing/Playing Script
This should be a very easy script to make, i just don't know anything about python, but I'll post what I do know to help.

First Plunder.com lets you upload anything, plundered.org is where the files are then listed. I have gotten most everything to play fine using the "Send To XBMC Firefox Extension"

Their are 3 Categories of interest to XBMC

Video, Audio, and Image

The pages are structured as plundered.org/video/page1.htm gives you 20 links. This is the same for each section and pages can go upto 50 or higher. There are two columns, popular and most recent.

Now, The links on the main page take the form

http://www.plunder.com/LSD-Troops-download-473.htm

Thats the link from the mainpage, to a another page that gives you more information and a link to download or watch.

What would be nice:
Opening Script allows you to Select Video/Audio/Images once selection is made script then:
Retrieves recent and most popular listings
You browse and select an Item, that then:
Takes you to page with the following data extracted from the items page
"Desciption" "Size" "Downloads" and a link to Either Watch, Save (To XboxHDHuh or SMB??), or Bookmark (Plunder Links appear to be static)

You click watch and it works, when its over you go back to the pages, and a Back click returns you to the listing, and you can go previous (unless page number = 1) and forward. If I knew Python I could write this quick. I would really like to see this done soon, because it would be a really cool script. If someone tells me how to do the following things. Extract data from a website based on the surrounding text (IE. Titles, Size, Description, and links to send to XBMC) and how to send to make XBMC play the file, and how to display extracted data, seems like it would be easy. I will try and figure this stuff out, but any help is appreciated. I think this will be a really really cool script.
If someone could tell me how to do the following things I can make this script.

Load a Page

Find a string in the HTML source
Determine the length of a string
Extract a string

Play a media file.

That's really all I need Im using the Python Tutorial to start writing scripts but it dosen't cover this stuff.
your best bet is to grab a script that does what you want and study that.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Yes.
Many people are modifying the joox script (see the new fase6 and yendit scripts).
Another good one to start from is the Ooba (if you know regexp the job will be easier).

Good luck
Yeah, ive been looking at a few scripts, but its just so hard to decode for me, anyway, I think this will be a great script, and we can all upload anything we want and share it.

This will be great for music, and short videos.

If anyone makes some progress just post it here, the plunder site has been the same forever so an html scrapping app should work just fine.

Ive also thought about taging everything with xel.ico.us (thats the script im trying to break down now) and just having it work through there, we should all start uploading and tagging with tag, xbmcplunder or something similar, because this is a great file sharing system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: Plundered.org Browsing/Playing Script0