Improving Library Management
I've been using Xbmc/Kodi since my old Xbox and always found it to be the best media player out there. But one thing that has always annoyed me slightly is the library management when you have multiple boxes. Being a developer myself, I can guess some of the causes for this (most of it 'historical', I assume).

Now, I haven't looked through the code in any detail, but I do wonder about a few things:

- Why is the library not separated its own project? To me, it would make sense to have the code for the library put into a service that would either run on a separate machine (server) running an API or be embedded into the client as it currently is. Having an application server with the ability to watch folders and routinely update the library would be great. It would also enable users to create a management UI for manually managing the library. Tasks such as renaming and moving files, deleting duplicates, etc. I know this can be done by other tools, but since the scrapers are already there, it would be really nice to have Kodi sort it out.

- Also, I have to ask: What's with the columns in the database? Why are they named c00, c01, c02 etc.?

Any thoughts? I'm pondering getting involved in the project if you need more developers as I really love the project.
Thread moved to feature requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improving Library Management0