Linux KODI with adsp as CarPC audio processor
Hello.

I have CarPC based on Ubuntu Server 15.10 that i did.
Now I use jRiver Media Center as a default player because it has a dsp plugin. I use it to divide the frequency by the speakers and bring some delay, as do hardware car audio players with DSP. As an example - Pioneer DEX-P99RS or Alpine PXA-H701.
In my opinion, KODI sounds better than jRiver. KODI has more touchscreen friendly GUI than jRiver, especially when you using a 7 "touchscreen.

Can KODI with adsp do:
  • Cut off the lower frequencies of two input stereo channels, and send them to the LFE channel. Say on 80Hz with 10Hz step;
  • Add some delay between right, left and LFE channels. 10cm step.

If possible, it greatly expands the scope of KODI. Then there will be more users from car audio.
(2016-04-26, 20:51)P.M. Wrote: Cut off the lower frequencies of two input stereo channels, and send them to the LFE channel. Say on 80Hz with 10Hz step;
This is currently not possible, but is planned for a future version of adspo.biquad.filters.

(2016-04-26, 20:51)P.M. Wrote: Add some delay between right, left and LFE channels. 10cm step.
Currently you can add delays with adsp.basic. But I'm not sure if it suits your needs.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Thank you for the answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI with adsp as CarPC audio processor0