How to swop hard drives without losing watched list
Hi guys, huge noob here. (sorry)

I am running Kodibuntu on an old laptop. I want to try to switch out hard drives on the laptop. (Long story) and then re-install version 16 on the new hard drive. I do not however want to lose my record of what I have and have not watched. As this is quite an extensive list.

What is the best way to achieve this? I'm a little confused about whether the Export/Import library function will actually work. Or simply copying across the userdata?

Thanks in advance
Watched data is stored in videodbxx.sql - the xx being the version number, the highest number being the current database (if there's more than one of them).
If you copy that across you'll still have your video library complete with watched status.
If you're happy with everything then personally I'd just copy the whole userdata and addons folders across.
Thanks, the userdata copy should do the trick then. Also much nicer to do that than struggle with the export utility. Ill wait to make sure everything works before formatting the old hard drive. Now just need to wait 3 hours for version 16 to finish downloading...
Would help if I could find the damned userdata folder

Sorted. Was looking in the wrong place. Im assuming it wont be an issue that I am copying from an old version 15 install to a new version 16 install right?
Userdata (wiki).

If you just have the v15 database available, the first time you run v16 it will search backwards, find the v15 database and upgrade it to the v16 database (videodb99.sql) anyway as if it was a fresh update.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Awesome, thanks.

Yeah, the wiki is not as clear as it could be. I was looking in the wrong place.
Trakt.tv add-on will do this. Just install and sync watched status.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to swop hard drives without losing watched list0