My Kodi Windows System Infected
So my Kodi installation appears to be infected with something. Just wanted to let the group know as I am aware some strange stuff has been going on in the community and maybe somebody else can help me out with my issue and put the group on notice. It appears as though my Kodi installation running on Windows 7 has become infected at some point in the last two weeks. It’s possible that a patch I downloaded and used to fix my Disclose.tv addon may have been the culprit but I cannot confirm. It was the last change I made to my Kodi installation before seeing the issue. I noticed the problem late at night when my system was running either an auto library update and or more likely an auto library cleanup. One night I caught it attempting to reach out to a streaming site. I think it was http://divxstage/video/xxxxxxxxx. The following night it did it again and then a few nights later after trying attempting to re-add my file resources as a fix, it came back and this time was attempting to access c:\Program Files or c:\Program Files (x86) directories. So at this point I’ve unplugged my system completely until I can fix or re-do my system.
We did warn everyone
https://kodi.tv/warning-be-aware-what-ad...u-install/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm not trying to blame anyone. I was aware of the problem in the community.
I would not call that our community..
Isnt Disclose.tv a KODI.tv hosted addon? Where did the patch come from?
(2016-05-12, 13:21)metalkettle Wrote: Isnt Disclose.tv a KODI.tv hosted addon? Where did the patch come from?
From the thread here. There's no reason to assume it's not legit.
(2016-05-12, 15:31)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-05-12, 13:21)metalkettle Wrote: Isnt Disclose.tv a KODI.tv hosted addon? Where did the patch come from?
From the thread here. There's no reason to assume it's not legit.

That's just the original. OP said he applied a patch to make that existing add-on work again. I believe the current assumption is that the patch had some malicious python code.
(2016-05-12, 15:46)Ned Scott Wrote: That's just the original. OP said he applied a patch to make that existing add-on work again. I believe the current assumption is that the patch had some malicious python code.
I'm guessing you didn't actually read the link Ned. Wink
I did, though?
(2016-05-12, 15:50)Ned Scott Wrote: I did, though?
Then I'm just disappointed that you make such an assumption.
(2016-05-12, 15:51)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-05-12, 15:50)Ned Scott Wrote: I did, though?
Then I'm just disappointed that you make such an assumption.

Why? OP is claiming that he found some updated copy of the add-on, which could have come from anywhere, and that it was "infected". If so, I would not assume that the copy came from sphere, or even the Kodi forums.
If you read the link, you'd see that there is a patch being discussed on the thread here, and that the last but one post on the page I linked to is a suggestion from Martijn that the originator of the patch updates the repo.

Now the OP might be talking about a completely different patch that just coincidentally happens to have appeared at the same time in a distant corner of the internet, but personally I'd ask the question before making any assumptions.

Edit: A quick google doesn't reveal any other patch, not that that's definitive. Maybe the OP could clarify.
A windoze patch that OP thought that would fix his add-on.?
Or this?
(2016-05-12, 17:40)cd2022 Wrote: Or this?
That's the patch available in the thread here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Kodi Windows System Infected0