Req Keep Original Title Name
Thumbs Up 
Hello,
Please I would like to request a feature.
When scanning movies to add them to the database, could you please make a switch to keep the Local Filenames.

I am fussy about the way i have my movies named and have been struggling with this for years now. However I had renamed everything and all was good.

After loading Jarvis, I lost half my database and then whilst trying to fix it I lost it all. LOL on me.

Anyway, rebuilding the database i can make some well needed changes, fixing some things with wrong dates etc, so i will get everything to load properly.

HOWEVER, out of over 3000 movies I have probably 500+ that need to be renamed manually. If there were a switch to keep my movie titles as I have them named locally, All would be perfect.

Please Please Please Please Please, I will sing the praises of Kodi forever and Ever. (Suck up over)

Thanks heaps for your time.Big Grin
You could export and import so titles you changed are backed-up
Another option is to use a media manager (I recommend Ember Media Manager), to setup your library. Yeah, it's a bit time consuming, but in the long run you will NEVER have to worry about the wrong info/name/pictures ever again!
(2016-05-12, 14:30)k4sh1n Wrote: You could export and import so titles you changed are backed-up

Tried using the imoprt export feature a few times with failing results. Did backup by copying the whole Kodi folder (userdata/roaming etc.) which does really work perfect.

However, when upgrading from 15.1 to 16.1, half the database disappears, I don't know why.

Anyway, Still hoping for the feature i requested. Please
(2016-05-12, 16:45)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Another option is to use a media manager (I recommend Ember Media Manager), to setup your library. Yeah, it's a bit time consuming, but in the long run you will NEVER have to worry about the wrong info/name/pictures ever again!

Thanks for that idea. Not familiar with this at all, but will have a look right now. It took me ages setting up the library, editing 500 plus titles to reflect different versions of movies, and almost every movie poster and fan art. Yeah, there is 1000s of hours work there, mostly gone.

Still praying for the "Keep Original Local Title" switch when scanning new media.

Please Please Please
(2016-05-13, 03:06)OzDrDj Wrote:
(2016-05-12, 16:45)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Another option is to use a media manager (I recommend Ember Media Manager), to setup your library. Yeah, it's a bit time consuming, but in the long run you will NEVER have to worry about the wrong info/name/pictures ever again!

Thanks for that idea. Not familiar with this at all, but will have a look right now. It took me ages setting up the library, editing 500 plus titles to reflect different versions of movies, and almost every movie poster and fan art. Yeah, there is 1000s of hours work there, mostly gone.

Still praying for the "Keep Original Local Title" switch when scanning new media.

Please Please Please

OMG No, theres more set up for all the things kodi does already.
It could be done via a custom scraper add-on. I don't know how exactly, as I suck at Python, but I know it's at least possible.
I don't know about that, but will ask over in the scraper section too, thanks for the idea!
+1
"Keep Original Local Title" option
(2016-05-15, 03:02)Shomei Wrote: +1

Thanks for the plus 1,

It is a great Idea, would solve a lot of problems including Directors cut and exetended cut labelling. As well as custom titles as well. I hope and pray for a speedy implement. lol
(2016-05-15, 07:22)OzDrDj Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 03:02)Shomei Wrote: +1

Thanks for the plus 1,

It is a great Idea, would solve a lot of problems including Directors cut and exetended cut labelling. As well as custom titles as well. I hope and pray for a speedy implement. lol

Same here. Also it would solve Issues separating 3D films (duplicates) http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272417
(2016-05-13, 03:06)OzDrDj Wrote: editing 500 plus titles to reflect different versions of movies, and almost every movie poster and fan art. Yeah, there is 1000s of hours work there, mostly gone.

That is the BEST reason to use an external media manager. Trust me, worth the time and effort. Plus, if you ever leave kodi I'm sure it won't be hard to alter your setup to save you 1000's of hours work with a new media player Wink
(2016-05-16, 10:57)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 03:06)OzDrDj Wrote: editing 500 plus titles to reflect different versions of movies, and almost every movie poster and fan art. Yeah, there is 1000s of hours work there, mostly gone.

That is the BEST reason to use an external media manager. Trust me, worth the time and effort. Plus, if you ever leave kodi I'm sure it won't be hard to alter your setup to save you 1000's of hours work with a new media player Wink

I had a look at that media manager. I couldnt work it out, Way too compliacated for me.

If KODI were to add this feature, to keep our local Titles this would solve everything, and I see there are a few others who would like it also.

So Thanks for the Idea, but no to the media manager.

I did ask over on the scraper board, but they must be all busy writing scrapers, cause no one has answered yet. Have nudged it ansd asked again however. Here Hoping for an answer from someone there who knows something!
Would love to see this implemented, In the scraper options there is a switch for keep original title, but that keeps some weird title from the movie database. Is that a switch in the scraper? or is that in kodi.

I'll ask over in the scraper section too.

Maybe someone will answer.
Does anyone from development read these forums?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keep Original Title Name2