• 22(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-10-16, 23:07)smitchell6879 Wrote: I have mi box running spmc 16.4.2 I used the non shield TV performance steps from the GitHub. also add a 30mb buffer on all video local and internet. For me I am be watch/stream blu-ray folder structure rips .m2ts from my media server, which are just a bunch of windows share. with that I might get a droped from once in a movie maybe most of the time I would never know I wasn't on laptop connected to the tv.

hey i was just wondering how you added a 30mb buffer? having a few streaming buffering issues with my mibox tia

fyi i read on reddit adoptable storage is broken at the moment
in advancesettings.xml

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>30971520</cachemembuffersize> <!-------not exactly 30mb but close enough you can make it bigger but you have to wait longer>
<buffermode>1</buffermode> <!------this force buffer on all files>
<readbufferfactor>2.75</readbufferfactor> <!--------maybe 3 I forgot... this is a multiplier >
</network>

this worked for me on spmc as far as the settings
system>audio output

I personal turned on or allowed pass-through

video>playback

adjust display refresh rate = always
sync playback to display = off

video>acceleration
allow hardware acceleration - mediacodec (surface) = on
Allow hardware acceleration - media codec = on
accelerate MPEG2 = always
accelerate mepg4 =always
accelerate h264 = always

system>video output
set gui video =1080
vertical blank sync= always enabled

sod video settings
DE interlace video = auto
DE interlace method = bob

set default for all media

other
video> playback> sync playback to display off when using pass through

btw most of this came from either kodi forum or koying spmc forum.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
^thanks i had all those settings but the advancesettings.xml stuff. my streaming issues are completely fixed and i can actually play decrypted uncompressed bluray isos over just wifi ac - very impressed!
need help, on my Mi Box kodi is onle 1080p resolution, cant get it to be 4k and youtube cant play 4k 60 fps only 4k 30 fps, on 4k 60fps there is no option only 60 fps, please help
(2016-10-18, 21:59)fedemx Wrote: need help, on my Mi Box kodi is onle 1080p resolution, cant get it to be 4k and youtube cant play 4k 60 fps only 4k 30 fps, on 4k 60fps there is no option only 60 fps, please help

Why would you come here for that? This is Kodi forum. You are asking for help with Netflix and YouTube. Call Xiaomi, Netflix or YouTube.
(2016-10-18, 22:07)Jaxcen Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 21:59)fedemx Wrote: need help, on my Mi Box kodi is onle 1080p resolution, cant get it to be 4k and youtube cant play 4k 60 fps only 4k 30 fps, on 4k 60fps there is no option only 60 fps, please help

Why would you come here for that? This is Kodi forum. You are asking for help with Netflix and YouTube. Call Xiaomi, Netflix or YouTube.

How can Netflix help in that case? I can understand if YouTube can though.
(2016-10-18, 22:31)joalin Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 22:07)Jaxcen Wrote:

How can Netflix help in that case? I can understand if YouTube can though.

I never mentioned netflix on my question or did I? I asked for kodi display in 1080p and just one question for youtube, just wondering if anyone had the same issue or is only my Mi Box, so sorry for the youtube question but don´t seem to find where is a netflix question

I have the same issue kodi only gives me the option of 1080 or unlimited for the gui I am not sure what unlimited actually is. And I tried YouTube but only could get 1080 as a max choice as well...I am not sure if it is because of marshmallow needing the update that supposed to give us more options or if it is something else. if you find the answer I would like to know if nothing else send me a PM.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Is anyone aware of UK/EU availability dates ?
Looks like the Xiaomi Mi Box is about to get some competition with Google finally opening up the Android TV OS platform it seems.

Its called a ZTE ZXV10 B860H (what a bloody mouthfull! )

http://www.zte.com.cn/global/about/press...0ma/1013ma

Quote:....Equipped with an Amlogic 64-bit processor, 8GB Flash and 2GB RAM, B860H is designed for smooth operation with minimised lag. It also provides an HDMI 2.0a audio/video interface, and supports 802.11AC 2*2 Wi-Fi wireless, RJ-45 10/100M Ethernet access as well as Bluetooth 4.1 to allow Bluetooth remote and D-PAD connection...

(2016-10-19, 12:03)wrxtasy Wrote: Looks like the Xiaomi Mi Box is about to get some competition with Google finally opening up the Android TV OS platform it seems.

Great news indeed! Now if ZTE would only be so kind as to include an OpenWRT router like the Zidoo X9S.
(2016-10-19, 12:03)wrxtasy Wrote: Looks like the Xiaomi Mi Box is about to get some competition with Google finally opening up the Android TV OS platform it seems.

Quote:....Equipped with an Amlogic 64-bit processor, 8GB Flash and 2GB RAM, B860H is designed for smooth operation with minimised lag. It also provides an HDMI 2.0a audio/video interface, and supports 802.11AC 2*2 Wi-Fi wireless, RJ-45 10/100M Ethernet access as well as Bluetooth 4.1 to allow Bluetooth remote and D-PAD connection...

Being "Android powered" does not mean it's the official Android TV from Google.
Quote:Embracing Google's Android TV OS
(2016-10-20, 03:20)SilverBlade Wrote:

Being "Android powered" does not mean it's the official Android TV from Google.

Though the press release includes this
Quote:Embracing Google's Android TV OS, B860H allows Android applications to be run smoothly

That does explicitly state it's running Android TV not just Android doesn't it?
Yes I doubt ZTE are going to state "Embracing Google's Android TV OS" on a Broadband World Forum stage if they have not already got Android TV OS licensing agreements in place. The Google lawyers would be all over them like a nasty rash otherwise.

And this is very likely only the start of Google opening up Licensing of the Android TV OS platform.
Read what you want into the above sentence.... Wink

• 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21