multi-titled movies?
Is there a possibility to display one movie item twice, both with its original and local name? For some movies, whose local names considerably differ from the original ones, this would be beneficial.

If it will be designed and implemented, I would suggest to allow more titles (sometimes, it might be handy to have at least three of them: the original one, the English one, and the local-language one), and to allow the user to select those for which the item would be separately shown.
P.S. Or, at least — if the suggestion above proves too difficult — it would be handy to allow the user to select in some convenient way whether to show the English or the original movie title (considerably more conveniently than changing the content settings, re-scrape, and then changing back, which is, far as I know, the only way to achieve that currently).
I don't know if it would be easy to do in a normal library view, but maybe a special "index" view via an add-on. The add-on could look up all of the alt titles for all of the movies, cache that (for quick access), and then list all movies under all titles. The reason for this is that I think Kodi only stores one title in the DB at a time.
(2016-05-22, 01:39)Ned Scott Wrote: ... I think Kodi only stores one title in the DB at a time.

Well at the moment I have no idea about the storage, but at the very least Jarvis used to show me the “original title” pretty often in the info screen. In Krypton indeed I can't recall seeing those, but hardly would it remove them from the database, I think (fact is I did not try to go back to Jarvis and check, so who know, perhaps it indeed did Smile)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multi-titled movies?0