Android Philips TV library problem
Hello

I have instaled Kodie on Philips Android TV, all my files I have stored to external Hard Drive connected to USB port. I add files to library and the folder with my files is storage/sda1 , but when I turn off TV and starts again the path change to storage/sdb1 and Kodi did not see the files in library.

I don't know how to fix it Sad
A semi-sloppy fix, but try path subs (wiki) and use this

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>/sdb1/</from>
    <to>/sda1/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
Hello,

I have the same problem, also a Philips TV with Android 5, your solution does not work, because the
paths where the device is mounted seems to be random or based on the number of connected hard drives.
could be /storage/sda1 or sdb1 or sdc1..

Has anyone a solution for this problem? I have two drives connected and after rebooting the TV the paths change and the library movies can't be found anymore
Yeah, that's somewhat related to the "write permission" issue in that android manages storage very differently than the linuxisms Kodi is using.

I already had a look at implementing it, but it's very ill-fitted for us.
As I'm bored, I'll have a look again Wink
I'd be grateful

I am using a raspberry-Pi samba share at the moment + SPMC on the TV to outmaneuver this problem
Nice job on this player by the way
I have a Philips Android TV and this problem too. When I first connected the external USB hard drive (full with ripped DVDs thanks to MakeMKV) to the TV it was in storage/sda1 and that's where the Kodi Movies database look for the files now. But now and then the hard drive is elsewhere like storage/sdb1, or like now, in storage/sdd1.

Wouldn't it be possible to make Kodi look for the names of the drives? Like a drive named DVDRIPS: or whatever it might be called?
Device names are just like drive letters in Windows, the next drive/device will get the next number/letter.
Are there any other devices already connected to your TV at the time of connecting your external usb HDD?
Nope, the hard drive is the only one. Unlike Windows, the letters doesn't stick, it's not reliable, they changes now and then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips TV library problem1