What do you use Kodi for?
Quote:What do you use Kodi for?

Along with linux it helps keeps me on the edge of nervous breakdown, if not insanity. :-D
I want all of that! Even The alarmclock! Right now I try to get my music and movies into a decent library with all the juicy details and being nice to discover stuff.. in. A long and winding road through JSON python wiki land. Thankfully there is a nice and welcoming community and a wiki. I like Kodi but would never use addons from elsewhere in the fear of man in the middle surveillance.
The reason I like Kodi is because I can have all the pretty pictures and synopses for my dvds and I can watch from different devices around the house and it remembers where I'm up to and what I've watched (I have a terrible memory). I've also got the album covers for my cds. It's nice having access to my media in the computer.
(2016-06-03, 15:21)Torben Wrote: I want all of that! Even The alarmclock! Right now I try to get my music and movies into a decent library with all the juicy details and being nice to discover stuff.. in. A long and winding road through JSON python wiki land. Thankfully there is a nice and welcoming community and a wiki. I like Kodi but would never use addons from elsewhere in the fear of man in the middle surveillance.

If you are needing to learn json and python to get music and movies into your library, you are doing something wrong.
Save money with some cable companies.
https://www.fcc.gov/media/cablecard-know-your-rights
Ted
My blog
Thanks DarrenHill!

I use it for doing my laundry!RoflI wish!
Hence why that post is now in the bin...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Annoying Martijn with shameless plugs about MrMC fork... oh wait, now I did it again Smile
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Primarily as media player but it can even be used to check weather forecast. Big Grin
I use it only for media streaming. But I know how many functions it offers and want to try some.
at home -
Watching stuff
Notifications from home automation / cctv / mobile phone etc
its the only way i listen to radio outside of the car now

at work -
its the basis for a number of dashboards around my office in london
its the basis for a school digital noticeboard project at a secondary school in east london
(2016-08-09, 21:05)DoubleT Wrote: at work -
its the basis for a number of dashboards around my office in london
its the basis for a school digital noticeboard project at a secondary school in east london

Some of my favorite stories are when people use it in slightly different ways. I use the slideshow function to give presentations sometimes.
In the same breath we also have the ability to show the Olympics centrally so people don't crash the wifi all streaming it locally.

Sent from my SM-G935F
I convert PowerPoint presentations into JPEG and create slide shows on a loop for work.

Sent from my iPhone
I love KODI. It is "Pure" entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do you use Kodi for?1