Personal videos playlist
So, I am trying to create a playlist of personal, home made videos. Obviously these videos are not to be recognised by scrappers, as they're not songs albums movies or tvshow videos.
So is it possible, and HOW to create and play a playlist out of such videos? A cherry on top would be to be able to play these reandomly whenever playlist is started.

Thanks for help!
Have a read here I managed you add a folder with 4 movies to a playlist then save it using the queue item option then saving it.

Is that any use to you?

heres a link to the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists - Theres also smart playlists which are great but unsure if they will do what you want.
Custom video entries (wiki) should be the starter. Using an identifying name would easily tease out these videos using the title rule, but you could also create your own genre and edit the listing, create a special node (look up the wiki for nodes) and even using a tag list (probably easiest). The library system works with media that is listed, so custom .nfo would be required. OTH using filemode and custom source (folder) and explicitly deny a scraper and exclude the folder from scans, would still give you access and queue would allow you to specify the playlist, and within the playlist, and some control over the sort (random). How this is done, instructions would be skin dependant. I'll reference an old thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=118344 there's a myriad amount of ways to deal with the subject Video management (wiki) and you'll find tons of tips using "Google Kodi home vidoes" or the wiki's top of the page.
(2016-05-28, 16:53)Derek Wrote: Have a read here I managed you add a folder with 4 movies to a playlist then save it using the queue item option then saving it.

Is that any use to you?

heres a link to the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists - Theres also smart playlists which are great but unsure if they will do what you want.

Derek, your're the man! I would have never figure it out on my own! Thanks a lot!!! Works like a charm!Wink

Any idea to enforce random playHuh
you can shuffle the current playlist in the left sidebar menu.
(2016-05-28, 17:29)cpwom Wrote: you can shuffle the current playlist in the left sidebar menu.

Neah... that would require additional actions every time the playlist is being fired up.
What I'm looking for is a random play by default every time it is open.
Once you have activated 'Shuffle : random', all playlists will be randomized until you deactivate the option. I use this a lot for audio blindtests. I only deactivate it when playing albums to get the proper songs order Wink
I'd like to refresh this topic. So I managed to create a playlist out of random videos, and I have created shortcut in main menu (I use aeon nox skin btw) so that when I hit that button in menu, the videoplaylist starts.

The problem I still have is that I can't make that playlist to play in suffle mode. When the playlist is created I can shuffle its content, but once it is saved a shortcut button is created in menu it always plays the playlist in the order the playlist was saved;(

Has anyone have and idea how to achieve this?
Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Personal videos playlist0