KODI STOPS WORKING
Kodi Keeps shutting down when it opens. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it. I have turned off my virus scan when reinstalling it and do a test run but it just keeps shutting down. I know I have the capability of running this program. Can someone please help?
Can you gather, upload and post the link to a debug log (wiki) of an attempt.

As it's crashing you may need to use the advanced method detailed in the link and manually enable debugging. Then upload to PasteBin or XBMClogs and post the link they will provide here.

Also details of your setup and any errors or information displayed will help.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The details you include with your message are too skimpy to suggest solutions, other than the statement I know I have the capability of running this program we're left to ponder. A proper debulg log linked to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread would hep, along with details of your hardware that differs, such as graphic card, controllers, AVR, etc. Log file/Advanced (wiki)

The usual failure of Kodi to run directly is 'hardware & driver' incompatibility. Supported hardware (wiki) and as of late, a lot of equipment is stumbling on the level of direct x support. Jarvis needs DX11.2 while Kodi 15.2 should work fine with DX 9

You may need to make your own advancedsettings.xml file with the following as it's contents, for a proper debug log.

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI STOPS WORKING0