Now that MetaBrowser is gone?
For years i avoided the clucnky metadata fetcher of xbmc/kodi/plex/MD/Emby by doing my own manually with MetaBrowser, but now that it is is gone, what is there to use.

I tried allowing kodi to use tvdb and tmdb, but wow what a hassle fixing all the mistakes. Granted tmdb is not too bad, but tvdb is laden with inaccurate info, not to mention the hassle of going into each of my systems and editing them manually after the fact.

What are those of us with large servers and massive media collections able to use for a metadata editor that will fetch manually from tvdb, tmdb & imdb and edit it on the fly?

Any help or constructive ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thx,

Ice
unRAID 6.6.6 Pro 64TB AZZA Helios 910, GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H/ Intel i5-4460, 16GB G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 1833, EVGA 1050G Supernova PS, 4 x iStarUSA BPN-DE350SS Cages, 2 x SUPERMICRO 8-Port Controllers, 2 x WD 4TB (PARITY 1&2), 10 x WD 4TB (ARRAY), 6 x WD 3TB (ARRAY), 3 x WD 2TB (ARRAY), 1 x EVO 240GB SSD (CACHE), 1 x CRUZER FIT, AVR-x3400H, LG-UBK80, QLED 6f
Quote:to mention the hassle of going into each of my systems and editing them manually after the fact.
It's not like all this is a paid service, this is a community effort. So why not contribute by joining these database systems, and then when you do the editing, you will be editing for everyone else at large. It wouldn't take too much coding to intercept the scraped data, into your favourite editor, with a force save path to the item in focus

Suggestion: Use the Universal scraper, it allows for split fetches.
(2016-06-25, 19:37)PatK Wrote:
Quote:to mention the hassle of going into each of my systems and editing them manually after the fact.
It's not like all this is a paid service, this is a community effort. So why not contribute by joining these database systems, and then when you do the editing, you will be editing for everyone else at large. It wouldn't take too much coding to intercept the scraped data, into your favourite editor, with a force save path to the item in focus

Suggestion: Use the Universal scraper, it allows for split fetches.

+1

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I guess my point was to find something along simple lines. with metabrowser it would do my unRAID server and that would show in all 5 systems at once, therefore I have not set a common db within Kodi for my collection, the metadata is housed in the item folder itself. therefore I am not familiar with doing a collective db for the systems and with very limited time (running a business) I probably won't be able to do something like that for quite some time...Sad
Am I better off going back to plex or Emby for the simplicity? cost is not an issue.
Thanks,
Ice
unRAID 6.6.6 Pro 64TB AZZA Helios 910, GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H/ Intel i5-4460, 16GB G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 1833, EVGA 1050G Supernova PS, 4 x iStarUSA BPN-DE350SS Cages, 2 x SUPERMICRO 8-Port Controllers, 2 x WD 4TB (PARITY 1&2), 10 x WD 4TB (ARRAY), 6 x WD 3TB (ARRAY), 3 x WD 2TB (ARRAY), 1 x EVO 240GB SSD (CACHE), 1 x CRUZER FIT, AVR-x3400H, LG-UBK80, QLED 6f
Fix it on the metadata site so everyone benefits. It takes a couple of minutes to do once registered.
Metabrowser is still working fine for me here
Has it been discontinued?

Sent from my HTC_M10h
Yes it seems metabrowser is indeed defunct. It is working fine, but you cannot renew or change anything once the original reg runs out.

As far as fixing it on the site...if you mean tvdb that seems futile as many of the mistakes just get reversed when corrected and they seem to ignore the rest. They state that they use the initial broadcast network to determine the correct info, however, it seems that is up for debate among the minority as there are many items that are incorrect as of the original network...but they just lock the strings and leave them that way no matter what is submitted...kind of useless.
So if we make them correct in our own libraries then use the scapper in kodi, it all gets change back to incorrect data, even if you set it to only download missing items it still finds a way to mess it up. A lesson in futility...lol.
Have you tried any of the other metadata scrapers out there? I personally use Media Companion and must say it more than meets my needs Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now that MetaBrowser is gone?0