v17 Unable to exit through Menu in Full Screen
(2016-10-26, 22:45)levi.baker88 Wrote: It might be a huge pain in the butt, but a fresh install of Windows may help. At least it will completely rule out one variable.

Already done that. My previous install gave the same problem, so I thought a fresh install would solve the problem. When the problem showed up again after the fresh install I began searching for solutions here on the forum.
Ok, just an update...

I am on beta 5 right now.
The "exit" issue has unfortunately returned on my windows amd based machine.
I am also on Beta 5, inst alled the latest Windows update. Still black screen when exiting/toggling betweed full screen and window. It doesn't show up every time, sometimes exiting or toggling between full screen/windows shows up no errors. When the black screen appears, the only solution is to powertoggle my AV receiver. When the power is turned on, the desktop shows up again. Error doesn't show up on Jarvis..
How can I contribute to solve the problem? I noticed one more little thing, sometimes my receiver does not pick up the audio stream. When I restart the movie, the problem is gone. Could this be related to the other problem with the screens, as AMD APU has graphic and audio drivers combined? I use Krypton beta5, using wasapi HDMI. Strangest thing is, the problems began after the anniversary update from windows 10 64 bit.
Just installed the latest nightly build and went full screen in hopes it was fixed.... Nope, got black screen on exit. No help from keyboard commands (ctrl, alt, del). Had to unplug hdmi cable to get back to desktop.

Win 10 pro
Latest nvidia drivers
GTx 660Ti
Is this issue going to be solved?
Knoxville144 latest Crimsom final Beta 16.2 from AMD, this solved the problem..
derekjason KodiSetup-20160902-cad875f-master has resolved the issue for me.
levi.baker88 Success, 29 Sep 16 NIghtly. Win 10,353.54 Nvidia display driver
sojer AMD Crimson 16.10.2 driver.Unable to exit through Menu in Full Screen with black screen) had gone away.

All have slightly different solves, related to drivers and nightly fixes.

@SnakeEyes, Start a new post (not a lot of developers are going to follow this thread) with a proper debug log posted to a paste-bin and that URL linked back to your new post.

@Knoxville144 Post: #41 This smacks of HTCP and loss of handshaking in between your panel and PC, I'd hazard a guess that the pin #19 trick would be the solve. Displays (wiki) Why it worked in Jarvis for you is not clear, I make no apologies; Krypton is still in beta.
(2016-11-08, 17:10)PatK Wrote: Knoxville144 latest Crimsom final Beta 16.2 from AMD, this solved the problem..
derekjason KodiSetup-20160902-cad875f-master has resolved the issue for me.
levi.baker88 Success, 29 Sep 16 NIghtly. Win 10,353.54 Nvidia display driver
sojer AMD Crimson 16.10.2 driver.Unable to exit through Menu in Full Screen with black screen) had gone away.

All have slightly different solves, related to drivers and nightly fixes.

@SnakeEyes, Start a new post (not a lot of developers are going to follow this thread) with a proper debug log posted to a paste-bin and that URL linked back to your new post.

@Knoxville144 Post: #41 This smacks of HTCP and loss of handshaking in between your panel and PC, I'd hazard a guess that the pin #19 trick would be the solve. Displays (wiki) Why it worked in Jarvis for you is not clear, I make no apologies; Krypton is still in beta.

Hi, I'm already on Crimson final Beta 16.2. So the solution is not Crimsom 16.2. I never had these problems and I am using XBMC Kodi for many years now. So I better wait untill the fix then.
After my report "KodiSetup-20160902-cad875f-master has resolved the issue for me" every other nightly seemed to reintroduce the problem. I'm currently using KodiSetup-20161104-962a8e0-master without experiencing the issue.
Well this has popped up again. Nov 26 and 27 nightly unable to exit and cause Kodi to lockup. Doesn't occur with Beta 5 though.

http://pastebin.com/sBc6cDid

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17094
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Don't know if anyone check this thread but black screen after exiting fullscreen is not an exclusive Kodi problem or perhaps not even possible to fix in Kodi (if it hasn't already been fixed, I don't know since I'm still on v.15). It's a win 10 anniversary update problem that affect many games as well. I have this problem myself with Nvidia card after updating windows to 1607. Those are the fixes/workarounds I've read about:

1. Disable "version check" in kodi addon services settings
  2. Update graphic drivers
  3. Run Kodi in window mode
  4. When black screen: Unplug/replug HDMI or switch monitor/TV on/off
  5. Change windows display DPI scaling to 100% if anything but 100%
  6. Alt+tab out of Kodi and exit with task manager. Do not exit from Kodi menu.
  7. Start Kodi in compatibility mode for older windows system (right click shortcut, properties)
  8. Make sure monitor/TV is 60Hz in display setting, not 59Hz (display settings/ advanced/ display adapter properties/ list all => 60Hz)

Edit:
So far re-plugging HDMI cable is the only solution for me (except running in window mode).
(2017-02-18, 19:07)dproxximo Wrote: Don't know if anyone check this thread but black screen after exiting fullscreen is not an exclusive Kodi problem or perhaps not even possible to fix in Kodi (if it hasn't already been fixed, I don't know since I'm still on v.15). It's a win 10 anniversary update problem that affect many games as well. I have this problem myself with Nvidia card after updating windows to 1607. Those are the fixes/workarounds I've read about:

7. Start Kodi in compatibility mode for older windows system (right click shortcut, properties)
  8. Make sure monitor/TV is 60Hz in display setting, not 59Hz (display settings/ advanced/ display adapter properties/ list all => 60Hz)

Edit:
So far re-plugging HDMI cable is the only solution for me (except running in window mode).
this explains my sudden blackness, ffs. old windows ftw it seems. wipe W10 and ut old version back on tomorrow...
*UPDATE* WORKING NOW!

Clean installed Windows 10, Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 and Kodi 17.1 (Kodi website, not Microsoft Store). I don't think I really needed the Catalyst Suite since a Windows 10 update installed AMD 6000 series software (I have a Radeon 6870).

From reading here I changed: Manually update Addons and I hesitate in the "Exit Menu" for about 20 seconds (not sure if I have to, but what the hell).

I set my HTPC up following this guide:

How to Get Better Picture Quality from Your Home Theater PC
I'm running into this issue as well on Windows 10. Never had a problem with 16, but happens 90% of the time on 17.1. I'm now using the windowed fullscreen mode and that seems to have fixed it, but it's not an ideal solution.

Edit: updated my year old Intel HD graphics driver and everything is perfect again.
I upgraded to Krypton today.,after which, when exiting it goes to a black screen.
Windows 10 Nvidia 8400GS with UTD drivers.
I was able to get back to the main Windows screen by both exiting through using the Windows key and closing out the Kodi window, also by removing the HDMI cable from the pc and re-attaching. Neither of these is very handy or cool. Is there (by now) a fix that is known to restore the exit functionality without this bug ?
Thanks in advance !

Steve
UPDATE....
Only after trying something that was suggested elsewhere did I resolve this. I changed the settings from 60hz to 59hz in my Nvidia Control Panel.
Worked for me.

(2017-03-13, 00:32)badaas Wrote:
(2017-02-18, 19:07)dproxximo Wrote: Don't know if anyone check this thread but black screen after exiting fullscreen is not an exclusive Kodi problem or perhaps not even possible to fix in Kodi (if it hasn't already been fixed, I don't know since I'm still on v.15). It's a win 10 anniversary update problem that affect many games as well. I have this problem myself with Nvidia card after updating windows to 1607. Those are the fixes/workarounds I've read about:

Edit:
this explains my sudden blackness, ffs. old windows ftw it seems. wipe W10 and ut old version back on tomorrow...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to exit through Menu in Full Screen2