Android I know no support questions but I need to know if Kodi has been attacked
Ya I know, no support questions but I need to know if Kodi has been attacked. The reason I say this is my MGQ box loads fine, but when I load Kodi I get an X in the bottom right corner and there is no content, it's like someone erased all the streams. Also all the clickables are gone, and there is some Arabic looking symbols in the Kodi emblem as it loads. Anyone had this happen just within the last few days?
Moved to Android.

Sounds like for some reason your Kodi user database has been erased maybe. The good news is that you now have a clean Kodi install without those nasty piracy add-ons.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I tried to do an update, no such luck. If I can do a clean update that would be wonderful, don't know where to find or how to do ? help
(2016-07-14, 18:35)minmin Wrote: I tried to do an update, no such luck. If I can do a clean update that would be wonderful, don't know where to find or how to do ? help

Does the box have the play store? If so uninstall your current Kodi and reinstall using the play store.

If you have no play store then you may need to side load the APK another way.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Android
Play store is empty, I tried to side load the APK by using a google search for kodi. It wouldn't install. Hoping Amazon's customer service is as good as I've heard and will do a return. I bought the box from them in may.
(2016-07-15, 05:00)minmin Wrote: Play store is empty, I tried to side load the APK by using a google search for kodi. It wouldn't install. Hoping Amazon's customer service is as good as I've heard and will do a return. I bought the box from them in may.

That's your best bet really. Those cheaper boxes loaded with crap are really junk. Have a little in the hardware forum for recommendations.
Quote:and there is some Arabic looking symbols in the Kodi emblem as it loads

lol. That would be Kodi v15, codename Isengard, which is a reference to Lord of the Rings. The splash screens typically reference the codename. That's not Arabic, that's a fictional elf language.
Hahaha... You'll soon go to jail for using non-latin script Smile
What version of android is on this box?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Can't you do a factory reset on the box?

Sent from my SM-G900I
This happened to me once and can happen to anyone.
I selected an add-on that had the logo of a major news network.
When I attempted to run it all my Kodi settings and add-ons were deleted.
Unfortunately I do not remember the specific offending add-on.
But this is a reminder of a need for caution and backing up.

Fortunately I operate my android Kodi system using external memory on a USB drive and always have a back up copy.
So my recovery was very quick.
@minmin: Just do a factory reset in Android and start over. No need to return the box...
(2016-07-14, 18:38)Dangelus Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 18:35)minmin Wrote: I tried to do an update, no such luck. If I can do a clean update that would be wonderful, don't know where to find or how to do ? help

Does the box have the play store? If so uninstall your current Kodi and reinstall using the play store.

Can I let my newbie show and ask about "Does the box have Play Store?" What box? I have a little stick that plugs into my TV. There is no computer, no phone.. it's a little stick plugged into the HDMI port on a smart TV. What I don't get is installing "for Android". How many form factors does the Firestick have available? I am just not in sync with how Android has anything to do with this.
Firestick IS an android computer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-07-25, 21:19)eddie1261 Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 18:38)Dangelus Wrote:

Can I let my newbie show and ask about "Does the box have Play Store?" What box? I have a little stick that plugs into my TV. There is no computer, no phone.. it's a little stick plugged into the HDMI port on a smart TV. What I don't get is installing "for Android". How many form factors does the Firestick have available? I am just not in sync with how Android has anything to do with this.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I know no support questions but I need to know if Kodi has been attacked0