Kodi 17 & Live TV
Here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk (handle with care and wait until the mirror syncs). Post full debuglogs so that we can see what happens.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi,

deinterlace works Wink like before, nothing to choose in settings (greyed out) but working again, mediacodec, surface or both enabled.

LOG REMOVED

thanks alot, working fine Wink
Greyed out is fine. Please use a pastebin for the Debug Log. Hard to read on the forum.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Can anyone help to backport fritsch and FernetMenta's Live TV Fix to Kodi 16.1?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11318
Only for the second commit - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11318/...7bf6d77150
Can build Kodi 16.1 myself, but will just need to know what to change.

It will help a lot of users that want to use it until Kodi 17 final comes out and keep Kodi 16's Confluence skin and stability or use it on older or slower devices.
Not really ... you want to backport complete VideoPlayer? - And v17 has confluence as well. There is no need to do so.
just a side note, tested latest nightly 64bit on SATV, best result with media codec (surface) off, regular Mediacodec on.
Never watched so much golf before Wink but its the best deinterlace test Wink

did you already merge your code into regular nightlies maybe ? or a result cause i have the beta android 7 update ?

thanks again for the support on SATV Wink
I currently fix up Krypton. Nightlies get a new Codec-Interface to solve the issue much more fundamentally (but no android maintainer, no progress yet - nightly v18 are not to be used until told otherwise). This was a testbuild I did: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
fast feedback, your "probablyfinal" build deinterlace working with both hw codec on, one issue, zapping brakes deinterlaciing, also from 1080i to 1080i, needs a stop / start stream, tested from TVH backend server.

Then picture is nice and smooth.

thanks again
Jep - that's intended. Good, more is not possible at the moment. Better than nothing I'd say.
definately Wink i will do some further testing in 4k playback, seems there are some issues still with 10bit material, different story cause no LiveTV Wink
Those also won't be fixed. Krypton Android is through ... it won't get better.
Hi again, as note for some others using TVH as backend, using Simple IPTV PVR addon (TVH SAT IP Server configured) the zapping works with no deinterlace issue ...

just comfort is a litttle less cause no channel groups in simple iptv Wink

talking about your "probablyfinal" build.
Kodi on Android TV Philips 32PFT5501/60

After installing Kodi 17 RC3 I observe freezing on some channels from my IPTV provider. On Kodi 16.1 it not be.
This is my log ​http://paste.ubuntu.com/23792909/
Maybe this bug associated with mpeg2 codec, because mpeg4 channels looks fine. Kodi 18 Alpha1 have this bug too.

subjectively, channels now switching slowly, in comparison with 16.1.

sorry for bad english and hope for your help Blush

upd: for test I switch 3 channels: mpeg2, mpeg4 and HD
as i gave it another try with latest shield experience and kodi 17.6 i can still tell the deinterlace issue on zapping still perists, with TVH backend.

IPTV is working (sadly general some drops in playback).

what i saw, with IPTV on kodi 18 builds beta, AC3 passthrough is back for livetv there Wink so some hope it will return some day ...

if there are any news with the deinterlacing ... would be great Wink

still same that every 2nd channel deinterlace is working ...
hi again, made some further tests with changing sources and so on ...

IPTV from ZVHeadend directly ir more or less the same, sometimes it works, mostly not, also switching when zapping from working to not working ...

now i gave DVBLink a try just to check, and i can tell here the problem is almost never happening ... u can zap and deinterlace keeps working ...
source from DVBLink is even the TVHServer (as iptv source for DVBLink).

so something is different when zapping there ... may just a thought if someone is looking for a fix. i guess its more related to the HTSP PVR plugin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 & Live TV0