v17 PVR not starting with multiple profiles
Hey guys.

Have tested kodi v17 alpha 2 on my windows 10 machine.
Overall it runs really good for an alpha, sadly i faced one issue with PVR Manager/Addons.

My Setup:
I have done a clean install of krypton alpha 2 with NO additional addons!
Just activated Mediaportal PVR addon, changed IP address to match my server address.
When running a single (master-profile) with auto logon (default default setting) there is no issue.
PVR manager is starting every time on kodi start and works without an issue.

Issue:
When two profiles (master / kids) are created, PVR loads on first autologon profile (ex. Kids) and NOT on next Profile (after logoff kids and logon Master)

To reproduce the issue:
  • Install kodi v17 alpha 2
  • activate mediaportal, enter server ip, restart kodi and ensure its working
  • add a second profile (kids), and set it to auto logon
  • restart kodi and ensure the new profile (kids) is logged on
  • activate mediaportal pvr, set ip adddress of server
  • restart kodi, second profile (kids) is logged on and pvr is working
  • logoff, and login with first/master profile (where also PVR is activated and was working before)
  • PVR addon is NOT starting (fetching channels...) -> no progress bar

I have created an debug log and uploaded it to my google drive.
Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4JpRMZ...sp=sharing

I have done the following during creation of the log:
  • start kodi (kodi was set to auto logon the kids profile)
  • PVR Manager progress bar was visible and reached 100%
  • Go to Live-TV and select group "ORF und Lokale"
  • Select channel "ORF eins HD"
  • stream was running without an issue
  • Pressed stop on keyboard "x"
  • Goto home, logoff and logon "master profile"
  • NO PVR STATUSBAR and no LiveTV menu in Estuary

Can please a dev look into this issue?

PS: as a workaround, you have to disable and enable the mediaportal pvr addon. PVR is than working for this session until next login.

thx
pOpY
Same here, annoying.
Thx, for confirming the issue, i have created a ticket in tract: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16813

pOpY
I actually experience the issue with tvheadend, so it seems to be independent of the backend.

PS: This is on Linux, Ubuntu 16.04.
Are we the only ones experiencing this? It kind of breaks the complete PVR experience in Kodi!
Also for me, but currently I am using a single profile and without parent control Sad

Kodi 17 is in alpha state, so hopefully a dev will jump in and fix this in upcoming versions.

pOpY
Honestly, the profiles feature should be considered "on life support". I've been told that it needs to be significantly rewritten to behave correctly, and that's a major task for someone to undertake. IIRC, there was even a Google Summer of Code project about Kodi profiles (where Google pays students to work on open source code) and even then it was too big of a project to complete in that time.

Keep in mind, this is just my amateur observations, and I know nothing about programming. This specific issue might be an easy fix.
Maybe a temporary solution is to create a script or simple addon that disables and enables pvr addon upon profile switching?
I created such script/addon in the past for CEC issues maybe it will work for PVR also? (needs some modificatoin)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B24WYf...Uc0REM0OTg

There is probably a better solution to fix this but it's worth a try.
(2016-07-27, 00:09)Ned Scott Wrote: Honestly, the profiles feature should be considered "on life support". I've been told that it needs to be significantly rewritten to behave correctly, and that's a major task for someone to undertake. IIRC, there was even a Google Summer of Code project about Kodi profiles (where Google pays students to work on open source code) and even then it was too big of a project to complete in that time.

Keep in mind, this is just my amateur observations, and I know nothing about programming. This specific issue might be an easy fix.

thx, for your suggestions.
I can live the currently implemented profiles functionallity.
It's just important that the complete configuration/dbs... are seperated, and they are in the current implementation Blush
(2016-07-27, 08:47)schumi2004 Wrote: Maybe a temporary solution is to create a script or simple addon that disables and enables pvr addon upon profile switching?
I created such script/addon in the past for CEC issues maybe it will work for PVR also? (needs some modificatoin)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B24WYf...Uc0REM0OTg

There is probably a better solution to fix this but it's worth a try.

thx for the sample script.
will look into it.

pOpY
Tried a newer build (07.09), and the issue is also in this build.
I'll think it has todo with the login screen!!!!!!
The following behaviour i have tested:

* Setup Kodi with two profiles (Profile 1 & Profile 2)
* Activate Auto Login to "Profile 1" -> PVR is working
* Activate Auto Login to "Profile 2" -> PVR is working
* Logoff from any Profile (like initially described) -> Login Screen wil be shown -> select other profile -> PVR doesnt WORK!
* Deactivate Auto Login -> Login Screen will be shown on kodi start -> select any profile -> PVR doesnt WORK!

Would be nice if this gets fixed before stable release because its a major/show-stopper bug when using multiple profiles.

My workaround is to just use a single profile and setup multiple librarys in emby.
Not a nice solution...

pOpY
fyi: I have fixed this for Krypton Beta 3. The fix goes into next Krypton nightly build, if you want to try it earlier.
(2016-09-18, 17:15)ksooo Wrote: fyi: I have fixed this for Krypton Beta 3. The fix goes into next Krypton nightly build, if you want to try it earlier.
Thank you very much!!!!
Will try it tomorrow and report back.

pOpY

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
(2016-09-18, 17:15)ksooo Wrote: fyi: I have fixed this for Krypton Beta 3. The fix goes into next Krypton nightly build, if you want to try it earlier.

Tried todays build, the good news: PVR Manager is starting, also after login screen.
Sadly EPG is missing on some channels after second logon (PVR Manager start).

I have made a debug log from the following steps:
  • Start Kodi and login as "Eltern"
  • wait for pvr manager to finish
  • start live tv on DMAX -> EPG is present
  • stop tv and logoff
  • login as "Julian"
  • wait for pvr manager to finish
  • start live tv on DMAX
  • --> NO EPG present on DMAX!!!

Here is the debug log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4JpRMZ...sp=sharing

pOpY
@popy This should be fixed with tomorrows nightly build. Would be nice if you could give it a try and report back.

[EDIT] if you say "EPG is missing", where exactly are you looking? EPG window - Timeline view?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR not starting with multiple profiles0