Profiles & SQL Databases?
Ive been looking for an answer for this and havent found one yet but if i missed it i apologize.

Is it possible to have multiple profiles on a kodi install with each profile pointing to a different database? What im trying to do is have a normal profile that has everything on it and a kids profile that only has kids content on it. I am currently using a SQL database setup for all of the kodi implementations in my house,
I guess that's the purpose of profiles, you could have separate sources (or smart playlists) for the kids stuff and then everything else.
I'm half awake at the moment, so I'm not sure if it makes sense, but I tried to add something here: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Portable_dev...er_profile

I could probably format the page better, since it was originally just about using profiles in the context of portable devices, rather than profiles in general.
I use MySQL. I use 7 different profiles.

Each profile has a different DB name, so they are all separate within MySQL.

As Ned suggests, the name is set in advancedsettings.xml (... and huge respect for Ned and the work done here at Kodi/XBMC/XBMP Nod )

As an example one of my profiles is all the Christmas related stuff, so my "Winter Solstice" profile uses the name "xmasvideo" and "xmasmusic" and looks like:

Code:
<!-- This creates my main databases in MY SQL -->

<videodatabase>
              <type>mysql</type>
               <host>192.168.15.14</host>
               <port>3306</port>
               <user>xbmc</user>
               <pass>xbmc</pass>
               <name>xmasvideo</name>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
            <type>mysql</type>
            <host>192.168.15.14</host>
            <port>3306</port>
            <user>xbmc</user>
            <pass>xbmc</pass>
            <name>xmasmusic</name>
    </musicdatabase>

HOWEVER... don't upgrade to K17 if using multiple profiles, as the profile function is borked right now.
See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307388

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profiles & SQL Databases?0