Annoying navigation voice !
Yes, I'm new here and have a question.
Kodi ( Windows 10) seems to work great except there's this annoying voice that tells me about whatever I'm doing with my mouse; it's like it thinks I'm blind and is telling me where I'm navigating with every move.
I cannot find a way to disable it, (the voice). Is there a way ?
Sounds like you activated the hard of hearing interface. Turn that off.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Kodi windows, haven't yet located a way to disable the hard of hearing interface. (see above) I assume I would find that under accessibility but I haven't found that either.
Windows key + U to open the Ease of Access center (or go to it via the control panel).
Select use computer without a display
Deselect (untick) Turn on Narrator and/or Turn on Audio Description
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Narrator and/or Audio Description is turned off everywhere except in Kodi where it chats on, incessantly reminding me of an ex-wife of mine.

Why only in Kodi ?

Why me ? .
Can you gather, upload to pastebin/xmbclogs and post a link to a debug log (wiki) of your install?

I'm just curious as to whether this may be an add-on or something in Kodi that's been installed or is present and causing this perhaps? To the best of my knowledge Kodi itself doesn't have this kind of things out of the box, although I think there may be add-ons designed for the visually impaired etc which might do.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This singularity... It has become selfaware. :O
I am pretty sure this isn't in Kodi's core functionality, there are some addons that provide help for the visually impared.
Take a look at your installed addons (system addons - my addons) and see if it contains such addons. Should be easy to disable or uninstall it.
(2016-07-23, 04:21)DJ_Izumi Wrote: This singularity... It has become selfaware. :O
perhaps settings>add-ons>my-addons>services>Kodi Screen Reader (text to Speech) otherwise watch out for black holes!
I am pretty sure this isn't in Kodi's core functionality. Sounds like you activated the hard of hearing interface.
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Annoying navigation voice !0